Bankwest Transaction account - Earn 10,000 bonus Qantas Points

VantageXL

Starting 1 September 2023, new customers who open a Bankwest Qantas Transaction account will receive 10,000 bonus Qantas points when they make ten eligible purchases each month for the first three months.

bankwest-bonus-10k-sep-2023.jpg

Terms and conditions:

The 10,000 bonus Qantas Points promotion is a stand-alone promotion and is only available to new Bankwest Transaction Account customers who open a Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account between 1 September 2023 and 30 November 2023 (‘promotional period’) and meet the following criteria. The Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account must remain open during the promotional period and at the time of crediting the Qantas Points. The Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account must be linked to a valid Qantas Frequent Flyer Account to receive bonus Qantas Points. Customers must be a new Bankwest Transaction Account holder who has not held a Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account in the last 24 months.

Customers who have closed a Transaction Account (not including a Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account) more than 30 days prior, will be considered a new Transaction Account holder. For the first 3 months from the date of Account opening, customers must complete a minimum of 10 eligible transactions per month using a Bankwest Debit Mastercard.

Most purchases are eligible purchases except some things such as balance transfers, bank fees, gambling, government charges and anything else listed in Section 1 of our Bankwest Qantas Rewards Program terms and conditions (PDF). If you have satisfied all the eligibility criteria, 10,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Account linked to the Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account within 60 days of you meeting the eligibility criteria. The 10,000 bonus Qantas Points promotion is subject to change, promotion ends 30 November 2023.

curious, how does one get banned from a bank?

edit: I just saw your reason :D How did that violate terms?
It is in THEIR T&Cs, that the awarding of QFF is at the Bank's discretion ....
When it was 'detected', that I was actively causing 1 cent transactions to occur, the Bank used their 'discretion' to close my account.
I did actually get all the points I amassed. It's just that the Bank drew a line in the sand ....

Had no issues with split transactions at ww and coles myself, for the 5k offer, but timing wise I think i'll miss this one.

Went through sign up ....
System said, I can't be identified ... despite a DL, Medicare and Passport check !!

Went through sign up ....
System said, I can't be identified ... despite a DL, Medicare and Passport check !!
Yes I had this too, went to Australia Post for ID check as requested and have heard nothing. Wonder if it’s because I’m on the bad boys list!!

Yes I had this too, went to Australia Post for ID check as requested and have heard nothing. Wonder if it’s because I’m on the bad boys list!!

Applied yesterday and also for the “got to Aus post” treatment. Did that yesterday lunch time. Have heard nothing yet, not even an email acknowledging the application.

Applied yesterday and also for the “got to Aus post” treatment. Did that yesterday lunch time. Have heard nothing yet, not even an email acknowledging the application.
Yes, still nothing for me either (negative or positive), suspect it will be mail rather than email either way now, i.e. either a card or a rejection letter.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back