Bankwest Qantas World MC 90k bonus, $6k spend in 3 months, $135 first year annual fee, exp 31 August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangol

Established Member

Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases for the first $5000 spent in the month, and 0.5 points per $1 thereafter.

Qantas Points (outside any bonus points) won't be transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account until:
  • You have spent an initial $1,500 on eligible purchases using your card; and
  • Your account has been opened for at least 2 months.

The Bonus Qantas Points promotion is only available to new Bankwest Qantas Mastercard customers who apply from 24 May 2019 until 31 August 2019, are approved and meet minimum spend requirements in the first three months from account opening. The number of Bonus Qantas Points are: 50,000 if your Card is a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard and you spend a minimum of $3,000 on Eligible Purchases; is 90,000 if your Card is a Bankwest Qantas World Mastercard and you spend a minimum of $6,000 on Eligible Purchases. Bonus Qantas Points are subject to change. Bonus Qantas Points will be transferred to your account within five months of account opening. You are not eligible for this promotion if you upgrade or vary your existing Bankwest credit card to a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard.

Annual Fee Discount Promotion:
Annual fee is discounted for the first year for new Bankwest Qantas World Mastercard applications received from 24 May 2019 until 31 August 2019 (annual fee will apply to applications received outside these dates). Annual fee of $270 will be payable after the first year and in subsequent years on the anniversary of the card opening.

For the Bankwest Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions:

Note: there is a similar offer for the lower level Bankwest Qantas Platinum MC of a 50k bonus, $3k spend within 3 months and a first year annual fee of $80.
Earn rate is 0.75 points per $1 on your first $2500 of eligible purchases per month and 0.3 points per $1 thereafter.

The 50,000 Bonus Qantas Points promotion is only available to new Bankwest Qantas Mastercard customers who apply for a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard credit card from 24 May 2019 until 31 August 2019, are approved and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within three months from account opening. Bonus Qantas Points are subject to change. Bonus Qantas Points will be transferred to your account within five months of account opening. You are not eligible for this promotion if you upgrade or vary your existing Bankwest credit card to a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard.

Annual fee is discounted for the first year for new Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard applications received from 24 May 2019 until 31 August 2019 (annual fee will apply to applications received outside these dates). Annual fee of $160 will be payable after the first year and in subsequent years on the anniversary of the card opening.

1 point per $1 up to $5k is not bad for a MC. I think I'll go for this rather than the Citi deal, the fee is higher by $86 but I am much more confident of a smooth ride with Bankwest than with Citi quite honestly. Will be interested in how those who apply for this one fare?

No foreign transaction fees is a big plus for these cards.

I currently have 3 CC & I'm not sure whether to ditch one first & then apply or whether it won't be an issue.

I'm in the same boat as you @jeza, but I'm going to wait until St George gives me my annual bonus points, cancel and apply for this one. I only have about 5 more days to wait until then, so I'll be able to give some feedback soon on the application process.

Shame to miss out on 50K qantas points as a new home loan customer as of only a couple of months ago :( Ah well, good for some and that's how it goes sometimes I guess! At least it's fee free as part of the package :)

Good card for o/s spend and reliable. Operates on WA time although you can get an on line chat usually if you give them 15 mins notice.

What is their definition of new customer? Any exclusion period? I just cancelled a card a few weeks ago. I wonder what their appetite for those of us who made tens of thousands of 1c telstra payments a few years ago is? :D
It was hundreds of thousands!
Who is game to try? :p

I did read in the past of one person who was denied a CC from BW having had their Qantas transaction account closed during those times. The official reason given was "previous unsatisfactory banking relationship". Just a heads up

It was hundreds of thousands!
Who is game to try? :p

Well yes, for a few of us it was in the hundreds of thousands. Haha :D

I am about to call them to ask straight out if I will be considered. Not going to waste an application if I won’t be.

Well yes, for a few of us it was in the hundreds of thousands. Haha :D

I am about to call them to ask straight out if I will be considered. Not going to waste an application if I won’t be.

Had a pleasant conversation with one of their staff and definitely a block on my profile which means I’m not allowed to open any BW product at all. He is going away to ask if the block can be removed so that I can apply for this card. Should know the outcome shortly. Definitely do not expect them to do this though.

Had a pleasant conversation with one of their staff and definitely a block on my profile which means I’m not allowed to open any BW product at all. He is going away to ask if the block can be removed so that I can apply for this card. Should know the outcome shortly. Definitely do not expect them to do this though.

As expected a no go. He mentioned at just under 3 years, the block is not very old. May be able to bank with them again in a few more years time. Won’t hold my breath! :rolleyes: :p

As expected a no go. He mentioned at just under 3 years, the block is not very old. May be able to bank with them again in a few more years time. Won’t hold my breath! :rolleyes: :p

Nice of them to be upfront with you, at least. They could have very easily just played dumb and you'd never know any better.

Anyone know if they actually do check your "savings" account upon application. Normally when I send my pay slips and bank accounts, was more to confirm $$ goes in there. Rather than savings.

Thanks for sharing. Was the "few more years time" thing just an offered possibility for conversational purposes? Can't imagine a call centre person would have much info.
Unless he asked a manager or supervisor.

Thanks for sharing. Was the "few more years time" thing just an offered possibility for conversational purposes? Can't imagine a call centre person would have much info.
Unless he asked a manager or supervisor.

A few years is my interpretation of “in the future definitely” but as I said, not holding my breath. Initial conversation was on the phone and he went away to discuss with other departments. Emailed me back an hour later with the following:

Hi NoName,

Thankyou for your time today over the phone.

I have contacted couple of departments to see why there was a hold and it can be removed.

Unfortunately our teams have mentioned at this stage we wont be able to open anything for you as the hold is not too old,

But in the future definitely we can help you with your banking needs.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanking You

A few years is my interpretation of “in the future definitely” but as I said, not holding my breath. Initial conversation was on the phone and he went away to discuss with other departments. Emailed me back an hour later with the following:

Hi NoName,

Thankyou for your time today over the phone.

I have contacted couple of departments to see why there was a hold and it can be removed.

Unfortunately our teams have mentioned at this stage we wont be able to open anything for you as the hold is not too old,

But in the future definitely we can help you with your banking needs.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanking You
Use a different address and give it a try is the advice I have seen else where. Also do not tell them that you have an existing relationship. IE. Do the 100 points again.

Use a different address and give it a try is the advice I have seen else where. Also do not tell them that you have an existing relationship. IE. Do the 100 points again.
Things like DOB, drivers licence number, Medicare number, are probably what else they keep on file. Not to mention the most important: QFF no. Hard to get around that. Where did you read the advice? Did said person successfully apply after a ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back