Bali cracking down on "begpackers" | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Bali cracking down on "begpackers"

dajop

Flights
My Map
Yep agree totally, saw several of these types in Laos as well, not impressed at all.
Laos? WTF? I assume the reality is they are preying on other tourists, not so much the locals. If it is the locals they are asking for money, I am all for the Laotians providing them accommodation free of charge. At the local prison.

VPS

Established Member
Flights
My Map
There's some Adelaide "Instagram influencer" who has set up a go fund me because she was arrested in Bali and says she had to pay a bribe of $35K to get out of jail even though she was only carrying prescription medicine - sorry not going to contribute to that one

juddles

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
I choose to ignore these influencers, and instead resort to getting off the internet and cooking some bacon and eggs and watching TV instead. Still a crap offerrring, but at least I I feel I am not bumping up stats to halfwits.

There's some Adelaide "Instagram influencer" who has set up a go fund me because she was arrested in Bali and says she had to pay a bribe of $35K to get out of jail even though she was only carrying prescription medicine - sorry not going to contribute to that one
Who'd have thought the Indonesians would have a problem with bringing amphetamines to Bali?

• Haha
Reactions: VPS

33kft

What's incredible is that many doctors, lawyers, etc with a passport that isn't one of the lucky (predominently western, outside of wealthy Asian nations) persuasions need to prove their ability to support themselves every time they travel and yet these tossers take advantage of visa free or VOA provisions to countries less well off than their own to recklessly travel without sufficient funds and beg locals to cover them.

Soon enough we'll be the ones submitting bank records to obtain visas and it will be our own fault for letting this happen.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craigbuster