Balance transfer from AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingy90

Hi all,

I had a general enquiry re a balance transfer from an AMEX card.
If i was to go ahead and do this, this wouldn't affect any points/point balance nor the card in itself?
Im sure it wouldn't - just wanted to confirm prior.

Apologies if not the best place for this thread

Cheers.

There are no interest free days on purchases if there is any balance on the card including balance transfers. There wouldn't be any issues earning points.

There are no interest free days on purchases if there is any balance on the card including balance transfers. There wouldn't be any issues earning points.

So just to clarify,
If I complete a balance transfer from card A (in this case Amex) to card b (from another institution)...

I can continue on using my Amex as per normal, earning points and with normal interest-free period.

Whereas card b (where I transferred the balance too) would have zero-interest free days on any new purchases.
*my intention is to never use this card. Put it away and pay off the balance during the 0% period

That is correct.

If you balance transfer from card A to card B, the balance transfer is treated as a payment to card A and you can continue earning points on card A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back