BA Seating Preferences

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Reggie, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Tried to do a search to find what others suggest as the best seating on BA to no avail. I have seen most cabins on QF, but haveonly flown BA once long haul and that was in a 2 class config. I have checked expert flyer and the F cabin looks alot different from QF. Those who have been in the BA F cabin what did you think of it, and what seats did you prefer?

Reggie

2. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Thanks,

Jasonja, I couldn't get the search results that I needed. I was sure there was at least one thread. Thanks again

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Handy tip for searching.

Rather than use the vbulletin search inbuilt into AFF, I would suggest using google to search the site.

From google ,

ba seat site:frequentflyer.com.au

would have returned useful results. The site:frequentflyer.com.au option in the search restricts the search to AFF

Dave

4. turtlemichael

turtlemichael Established Member

May 24, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    On a different aspect of BA seat selection, using MMB does anyone have any idea why it is not possible to change seats on a CE leg of a QF award itinerary but it is possible on the CW legs NRT-LHR and LHR-HKG? I've been able to snag the valued 62 row on the CW flights but get rejected whenever I try to move the CE flights to the AB side of the cabin. "Not able to change seats at this time" Trip is 6 weeks away - could it be timing?

5. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Is your FF number correctly in the booking and reflecting your status. If it is then you should be able to change seats

Go into MMB on the BA site and click on the "at the airport" tab

At the bottom of the information of the BA flight segment, check if it says this (or similar )

If it doesn't, then it means that your Emerald status is not in the booking. Without status , there is no seat selection available till check in

Dave

6. turtlemichael

turtlemichael Established Member

May 24, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks Dave. FF numbers were there but not bolded so I re-entered them and it worked. :) I was able to change the CE seats having previously changed the CW ones without confirming the FF number. :confused:

7. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Thanks Dave, I couldn't get the AFF search to accept BA hence couldn't find the thread. However now i know for the future.

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    No worries. Using google is an easy way to get past the limitations of the Vbulletin engine. :)

Dave