Avianca LifeMiles – Bookings and Discussion

Seems like some okay availability - I've seen quite a few MEL-BKK business reward seats on TG,
I've seen them...but will fail every single time when trying to move through to booking.

Shocked to hear anyone would still buy LifeMiles to be honest.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I've seen them...but will fail every single time when trying to move through to booking.

Shocked to hear anyone would still buy LifeMiles to be honest.

Well luckily my booking went through all okay.

I'd usually never buy points unless I'm either just short of a redemption or if there's a points special.

Saving 50% of the original cash fare seems okay to me.
 
After several years of not being able to use my Avianca miles, I was able to ticket KUL-(SQ)-xSIN-(TQ)-BKK for 17380 miles in Business today.

Search online was fine, indicating +++ was ~USD18. Selection OK as well, but when getting to payment page the window indicated an issue, not to close but wait - the chat function opened up.

After initial connection, and checking the booking and my account, I was informed the +++ was incorrect and after a bit was advised it would be USD46 + USD25 'redemption' fee, making US71. I was still happy to pay this as these unrequited miles have long been a thorn in my side.

Continuing, still on the chat, I received an email link to a web payment form. After completing that the advice was that the booking would be finalised within the next few days and to await a confirmation email. Three hours later the e-ticket was received and I was then able to select seating on the SQ (MAX8) and TH (A321neo) flights. (Both had the alternate 2x2,1x1,2x2... business seating).

One thing to note during the process that I was presented with tiny (unreadable) screen shots images and the advice was to save the image and view separately.)
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top