Yep this is an interesting question as to what constitutes 'public transport', its an amazing virus this Covid 19, at one stage last year simply having a QLD drivers licence reduced your risk of infection to zero, and now this sneaky little virus is able to discriminate between shuttle busses from private long term car parks vs shuttle busses from long term public airport car parks. Maybe the taxi sign and the little cardboard Uber stickers are effective weapons against Covid transmissions? Apparently the virus is afraid of the surge pricing and high taxi surcharges but can afford public transport. Maybe the roar from a footy crowd might scare the virus away, but it swoops down mercilessly laying waste to people playing golf on golf courses.Yes, even the minute details rely on knowing exactly how to interpret. For example:
I think some would consider a private shuttle operating between a privately owned carpark and the airport to be private transport, I can understand how you could miss the fact that it is considered public transport (which tends to be buses, trains etc). This rule is an cough, you can't spend at most 10 mins on a shuttle, but you can mingle for hours in the airport with people from all over Melbourne.
"This Direction applies from 1.00am on 19 June 2021 until the end of the declared public health emergency, unless revoked or replaced."Queensland's new Travel Declaration is live: Travelling to Queensland | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government (www.qld.gov.au)
Not permanent, just only during pandemic.
Assuming there is accommodation at the airport where your flight lands and which meets standards. I don't think that plan would fly to be honest as you've entered the state and mixed with others and not quarantined as required.
Try it. Nowhere near as easy to do as it is to say.I agree, but since this is currently the crazy state of affairs one has to keep abreast of all the minute details to not get caught out.
So, basically there's no way to get from the car parking to the airport....If this family had parked in long term parking at Melbourne Airport and caught the carpark shuttle bus they still would have been in the same situation as this would still be classed as public transport. No-one would have been able to predict that one would they? The only way they could have done this is to be dropped off at departures in a private vehicle. I really feel for them, they were in a no win situation.
No, it means you're randomly shafted by multiple governments.Well at least you'll get special consideration.
Being inside the terminal is not deemed to have entered the state. When there are arrival restrictions the screening generally happens at the gate, so the only people you have mixed with were on your flight and you should have been wearing a mask the whole time. If your not eligible to enter the state you can go into HQ or get the airline to put you on the next flight back (or see if a competitor has a flight).
Where the rules have change whilst passengers were mid flight the airlines have not charged a penalty for affected passengers to get on an earlier flight. Obviously not obligated to do so if you boarded after restrictions were in place.
Youd only have to spend the night if you were on a late flight and the airport is one with a curfew. Even then provided you are negative you can go into HQ ónly until the next flight (unless you test positive before then).
ABC were covering a story earlier where this morning two girsl from Bondi, who somehow didnt see all the media coverage last night about Qld declaring Waverly LGA a hotspot (nor Gladys'advice for anyone form the Eastern Suburbs not to travel) flew to BNE only to be told they would have to go into HQ if they wanted to enter Qld. So they opted to fly back to SYD and were on that return flight within 90 mins.
So defiitely possible to return to your home state immediately, provided your own home state hasnt locked out its own residents, which is never likley in NSW but has happened in at leats one other state.
I don't have much of a problem with Prof Sutton going to Canberra. But think not whether or not he was entitled to; its whether he was prepared to make a sacrifice, a very small sacrifice (not going) when compared to the sacrifices he has required Victorians to make for months and months and months..
No ... no sacrifice for him. He took his entitlement. And I'm not aware that the meeting of the National Health and Medical Research Council could not have been attended via video link.
That damn backdating again. Is Waverley the general Bondi area?New SA border crossing
The Cross Border-Associated Direction No 18 came into effect at 7.48pm on Saturday 19 June 2021.
The following restrictions apply in relation to people who have been in the Waverley Council area, New South Wales:
- People who arrive in South Australia any time after 7.48pm on Saturday 19 June 2021 having been in the Waverley Council area in New South Wales within the last 14 days prior to arrival (but not before 11 June 2021) are subject to Level 6 requirements and are not permitted to enter South Australia.
- Essential Travellers and Permitted Arrivals (SA residents, people genuinely relocating and people escaping domestic violence) who arrive in South Australia any time after 7.48pm on Saturday 19 June 2021 having been in the Waverley Council area in New South Wales within the last 14 days prior to arrival (but not before 11 June 2021) are subject to Level 4 requirements.
- Level 4 requirements are:
- COVID-19 test on day 1, 5, & 13.
- Essential Travellers must self-quarantine as per the direction in accordance with their class of Essential Traveller. Pertmitted travellers must self quarantine for 14 days.
- Must wear a face mask (covering mouth and nose) at any time that they come into contact with the public for a period of 14 days after their arrival in South Australia.
- Must not enter or remain in a high risk setting in South Australia for a period of 14 days after their arrival.
- The Waverley Council, New South Wales includes- The Waverley Council area includes the suburbs of Bondi, Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction, Bronte, Dover Heights, North Bondi, Queens Park, Rose Bay, Tamarama, Vaucluse and Waverley. A map can be viewed on:
That damn backdating again. Is Waverley the general Bondi area?
Ah. So while Prof Sutton chose to travel from Melbourne ( in 25 km lockdown) to Canberra for a NHMRC meeting and an awards ceremony, his peers from WA, NSW and the NT chose video link.
But of course Prof Sutton was entitled to break the 25 km lockdown so that was OK. Do as I say ( or order) not as I do comes to mind.
Sure, but going to regular work in Melbourne during the 25 km, or the earlier, tighter lockdown isn’t the issue at hand.Every time Brett Sutton attended a press conference he had broken the 25km rule. He lives in the Dandenong ranges, which is more than 25km from the CBD.
But he wasn’t breaking any such rules to go into Melbourne to work, as there is an exception for those doing “authorised work”.