Australian call center gone platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcooper

Intern
Did Amex tell anyone that the call center is now US based? Just spoke to Amex and all calls are being routed to the us.

I got a US call center earlier in the week when I cancelled an AMEX card. Polite operator, who sounded genuinely sorry that I was cancelling my card "Oh I'm very sorry to hear we're losing your business sir". Was then routed to a local operator who was indifferent to me leaving .

I rang today and had an Australian accent. Asked the operator what was happening and what she told me was that half the calls are handled in Oz and the other half in the US.

She also said if you got the US centre you could ask to be transferred to the OZ centre.

My problem was certainly sorted immediately rather than the cough I got from the US centre.

Have been a with Amex for 30 years and am very close to ditching the card. It certainly doesn't have any compelling reason to keep me on board.

So they increase the fee and then kill the Australian call center.. What the??? After 12 years time to depart... The us call centre have no empathy nor customer service skills from my experience so far.

Apparently they are telling everyone that the calls are a 50 50 split. I tested that and called 20 times. US always. Aust call centre definitely gone... The last person I spoke to said all calls are being routed to the us

I'm thankful it's the US not Philippines or India. Citibank's Philippines call centre is bearable but the likes of Voda or Optus....:shock:

I called on Tuesday to get the annual fee removed again on the qantas premium card, thought I wanted to cancel first person was American but the transfer was to an Australian. Ended with what I wanted all good.

VoIP to flick all the calls overseas...like everyone else.

Phoenix Arizona
There is still a call centre in Sydney but I think it's been downsized

So why can't Australia have its own call centre? this is just showing the lack of dedication AMEX has to Australia. Small fish big pond syndrome.

In my experience I've always had Australian call centre during business hours EST but outside of such hours and on weekends and PHs, the US centre has taken calls. Always respectful.

Lol. I was in the US calling Amex's Australia 02 and 1300 # at 9 to 5pm weekdays Australian time, and the recorded message said to call back in normal business hours ...as 9-5 Monday to Friday normally is.

In my experience I've always had Australian call centre during business hours EST but outside of such hours and on weekends and PHs, the US centre has taken calls. Always respectful.

I had complete opposite experience as you, and sometimes I get phillipines/Indian call centre during weekday business hours.

Called during business hours always redirected to USA call center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back