Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  More…

Australian Airlines to launch Perth-Bali service

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ksthommo, Sep 24, 2004.

1. ksthommo

ksthommo Active Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Cairns
    Taken from The Jakarta Post Website, let's see what budget prices are offered. Reckon they wont differ from what is offered now with Qantas.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

SYDNEY, Australia (AFP): Australian Airlines, Qantas' budget Asian offshoot, said Friday it would begin flying from Perth to Bali in December.
    Australian Airlines chief executive Andrea Staines said the carrier would operate two Boeing 767-300 flights a week from Perth to Bali, almost doubling the number of seats offered by the Qantas group on the route over the peak holiday period.
    The tourist-oriented airline currently operates three flights a week to the Indonesian resort island from Sydney and two flights a week from Melbourne.
    Staines said that from February 1, Qantas would scrap its once a week flight from Perth to Bali, making Australian the group's only airline operating on the route.

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think Australian Airline prices have generally been what you would expect from any full service airlines, so would expect the prices to be on a par with what QF now offers. In any case, I don't think Qantas have really be serious with this route, so I don't think it is a great loss them pulling out.

The announcement on the Australian Airlines site is at http://www.australianairlines.com.au/newsroom/2004_09_24_bali.html

edited to fix the URL