ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

So what’s the story with debit cards? I couldn’t see anything following the links and where can we get a large enough supply of GCs now that Westfield has shut this down?

I’m currently staying in a nice hotel in KL. Guessing I’m going to have to pay cash or find more modest hotels going forward (and go to Y again).
 
Another great benefit of the RBA and banning CC fees!

Another massive chunk of FF points earn gone for me :(
You can pay the ATO with cards fee free til Nov 30...I just prepaid +1s ATO bills fee free with my NAB business Visa card fee free, earning 0.66 Qf pts per $ spent.

I'm calculating how much I want to prepay ATO atm ;)

An AFFer rang me today and he plans to prepay a huge sum (6-7 figures) to the ATO....I told him he has 2 months to do so :)
 
You can pay the ATO with cards fee free til Nov 30...I just prepaid +1s ATO bills fee free with my NAB business Visa card fee free, earning 0.66 Qf pts per $ spent.

I'm calculating how much I want to prepay ATO atm ;)

An AFFer rang me today and he plans to prepay a huge sum (6-7 figures) to the ATO....I told him he has 2 months to do so :)

Yes all well and good for now, but after 1 Nov it's a PITA :(
 
Yes all well and good for now, but after 1 Nov it's a PITA :(
I have said it before...you can't change the RBA decision. Adapt and move on....the clock can't be turned back!

Due to HSBC closing my HSBC Star Alliance card on Nov 17, if I spend $38K by then, I will have *A Gold and Virgin lounge access til 31.12.202eight!

Just today I prepaid utility bills to the tune of $7K on said card fee free!
 
Last edited:
I have said before...you can't change the RBA decioion. Adapt and move on....the clock can't be turned back!

Due to HSBC closing my HSBC Star Alliance card on Nov 17, if I spend $38K by then, I will have *A Gold and Virgin lounge access til 31.12.202eight!

Just today I prepaid utility bills to the tune of $7K on said card fee free!

Yes I know I'm a broken record :D I'd rather keep cash in my bank until it's needed though !
 
You can pay the ATO with cards fee free til Nov 30...I just prepaid +1s ATO bills fee free with my NAB business Visa card fee free, earning 0.66 Qf pts per $ spent.
How exactly did you do it?

I tried this morning and two errors occurred on 2 platforms:

 
How exactly did you do it?

I tried this morning and two errors occurred on 2 platforms:

I just entered the card details in My Gov and paid. Had to enter the SMS code sent to finalse the payment.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top