Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

sumthinfornuthin

Established Member
Paid next 3 quarter tax in advance - only getting .5 % on the TD so no loss.
Was good while it lasted.
I still don't get it
Surely the charge rate could simply have been increased ?
Wonder how many cards get culled ??
Hopefully the alternative bovine option works

drross

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
I see there is a NAB card being promoted by QANTAS Business that has a sign on bonus of 100k pts and points for paying ATO! So there’s still one left!

cove

Enthusiast
Solutions
No Tuesday is last day I think. You could pay on Wednesday if you want to enrich Westpac/St George shareholders.
Better not try Wednesday is what i am thinking even though we are Westpac shareholders.
We finished ours on Sunday to allow for processing delays.

Qantas
LT Silver
No Tuesday is last day I think. You could pay on Wednesday if you want to enrich Westpac/St George shareholders.
Better not try Wednesday is what i am thinking even though we are Westpac shareholders.
We finished ours on Sunday to allow for processing delays.
Thanks. My credit onto the card had better come though soon then. (Paying for a friend).

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Wyler

I had a quick look and its an advertised feature. 1.25 points per dollar spend. 3:1 points transfer to KF and AM.

Pay via BPay makes it worthwhile for me. The problem would be transferring all Amplify points to KF to close my Dragon card and then having them expire on me.

Scr77

Established Member
Solutions
It clearly advertised on their website in the business section, so not sure if it's a big deal.

Maybe, maybe not. Most cards gave points on ATO transactions until the banks worked out it was costing money.

If you’re getting points for free, the more it gets used, the faster the loophole will be closed.

Flashback

Enthusiast
No. Amex are the only personal cards that advertise paying points on ATO directly, AFAIK.

There is another personal card, however, that will still work using the method outlined above.
Citibank used to, but that was shut down mannnnnnnnnny years ago.

beardoc

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Noticed a promotion for Sniip, which offers 1.5% for paying with local Visa/MC/Amex and 3% for international Visa/MC (that seems to include GST) for ATO payments and other bills. I couldn't see that it had been mentioned before so I thought I'd post about it.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodo