Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  More…

asia miles compared to QFF points

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by stevecyber, Nov 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. stevecyber

stevecyber Newbie

Nov 18, 2004
    I have just joined Asia miles and checked the award points needed for a trip I'am looking to do next year from Sydney - Manila - Hong Kong - Manila and return to Sydney .
    With Asia Miles 60,000 points are needed for business class but 145,000
    points are needed with Qantas FF. In both cases the airlines being used are QF and CX.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Why is this so ?

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Think of each program's miles as being a different currency. Some currencies are worth more than others (ie take more to earn). Also some programs are more generous with awards than others (on the whole, or for specific awards).

3. AlwaysUpThere

AlwaysUpThere Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Sydney
    I think the calculation is definitely wrong - call Asia Miles on their 1800 129 264 - and get a proper quote.

4. SearchForBargain

Nov 25, 2004
    Qantas FF vs Asia Miles

But Qantas is more willing to award points than Cathay for discounted fares. I have tried to split up my mileage claim on my return ticket from Hong Kong to Sydney and Cathay (Asia Miles) refuses to award the points because it’s a discount ticket, where Qantas (Qantas FF) granted me the award points with no hesitation.