Article: Virgin Blue looks for new codeshare partner

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Yada Yada, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Full story here.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Well it's good to see that Brett is still in those talks...we spoke about it in November. They are obviously considering the changes that they need to make (computer systems, etc) in order to join *A are going to be worth it (the re-connection of Australia for RTW tickets and the flow back to DJ of additional pax numbers).

3. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    I also found this tid-bit interesting:
    I guess they have to be careful with this. Introducing different cabin configurations to provide a premium economy on longer flights would be great but it must make their fleet less flexible. Nonetheless it is exactly what would help encourage me to consider DJ over QF on the SYD-PER route.

4. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    This would be great news to a few people I know. They already use Virgin for most domestic flights and do regular trips to ATH and FCO.

When QF stopped SYD-ATH and SYD-FCO flights in the 90's it opened up a lot of business for Thai, SQ and Gulf. It is too difficult to get to ATH with one world whereas FCO is a little easier flying CX via HKG.

Virgin codeshares with Star Alliance could entice more people to fly with them.