Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Article: Jetstar plane makes emergency landing

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Yada Yada, Dec 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I know it can happen t anyone but why LCC's most of the time?

Give me mainline anytime.

3. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    From the small bit I heard on my scanner whilst enjoying my happy hour on the verandah, there didn't appear to be too much drama with the aircraft returning to make a normal visual approach.

I heard ATC asking what emergency services were required and the response was one, maybe 2 ambulances at most and they wouuld taxi to the gate.

Today's radio news was saying the fumes/odour were coming from the baggage compartment - maybe the holiday prawns weren't wrapped proper.

4. MD

MD Junior Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Sydney
    I think that you will find that it is a consequence of "market segmentation" (a passenger is reported to have brought a canister of butane aboard).

"l'enfer c'est les autres." Sartre

5. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This report from the ABC, says it was a leaking gas cylinder, and that Jetsatr seem less than impressed by it.

6. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    They said on sky news this morning that a passenger had taken something that was banned from flying into the cabin and the change in pressure caused the fumes to be released.

now as everything that is on sky news channel and the internet is true then this must be what really happened.

oh, and i guess they were lucky they weren't acting erratically ...

7. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    I wondered what all the happy people were doing at the gate when I got off the Mackay flight at 9PM given there were no flights due to leave, I thought they were all there to meet me :lol: . Nice start to school holidays for some!

8. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I am shocked that you would even think otherwise.

9. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    Today's news identified a gas cylinder containing butane was the source, and that charges may be laid by Deathstar against the releant pax.

This character must have a BIG HUGE craving for cigarettes to need that big a lighter.

Quote markis10
    I wondered what all the happy people were doing at the gate when I got off the Mackay flight at 9PM

Don't tell me that Deathstar in its economy-seeking travails makes Cairns greeters drive to Mackay now??

10. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    No, I was on the 7.30 ex Mackay for brisbane and hit Brisbane ontime at 9PM. When you have a route flown by all three the pricing comparison makes for interesting research, recent trips to Cairns and Mackay have seen Deathstar half the price of the cheapest available on the other two operators, and I always seem to get row 1 or the exit row in the seat dash, having the crew blocking the exit row seems to distract many from taking the seat before me!