Are T1 QF Flounge renovations complete? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Are T1 QF Flounge renovations complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt01

Has QF finished renovating the Flounge in T1 or are they still using the old J lounge?
Thx

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Does it really take 12 months to renovate the Qantas Club in Sydney?

I'm curious what they're doing to it. I wouldn't expect it to take much more than a few months - maybe 6 at the most?.

serfty

Flights
My Map
Landing in MEL at twilight recently I was able to look up and see inside the new facility upstairs. It looked like the structure was complete and furbishing was well underway.

cabbage74

Intern
Mal said:

I'm curious what they're doing to it. I wouldn't expect it to take much more than a few months - maybe 6 at the most?.
I really hate it when people take excessive amounts of time to complete something. I have seen an intersection resurfaced etc in 6 hrs in Singapore, while a stretch (approx 1km) of bikeway along the Centenary Highway is almost 1 year late for completion. :evil:

Mal.

NM

Flights
My Map
Mal said:

The problem is that the workers cannot get their tools past the security checkpoint and so are limited to using plastic knives instead of power saws and screw drivers. Slows them down a touch. And it takes time to modify a knitting needle into a drill bit.

Altair

NM said:
The problem is that the workers cannot get their tools past the security checkpoint and so are limited to using plastic knives instead of power saws and screw drivers. Slows them down a touch. And it takes time to modify a knitting needle into a drill bit.
Now that was a good one NM. I am still laughing over that one.:mrgreen:

NM

Flights
My Map
Altair said:
Now that was a good one NM. I am still laughing over that one.:mrgreen:
And I didn't even mention the need to use non-liquid glues and paint.

Kiwi Flyer

NM said:
Not to mention the need to repeat the modifications every shift since cannot leave unattended belongings, and once landside cannot bring sharpened implements back airside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesc571