Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Hoping someone may be able to confirm this for me from their own experiences before I act.

I currently have a ANZ frequent flyer black card credit card which feeds into QFF points. I've read the terms, but wanted to confirm that I am not excluded from making an application for the ANZ Rewards Platinum card (Rewards Platinum credit card | ANZ), because I currently hold the ANZ frequent flyer black card credit card. My reading of the terms indicates that the rewards credit cards are treated separately for the purposes of exclusion periods.

I prefer QFF points, but am about to hit a 3 month period when exclusion periods will prevent me from applying for any other card. So I was thinking of taking this card for that period and sending the points to Velocity for a rainy day.

Anyone see any potential problems here?

I haven’t read the T&C’s recently, but mid last year I had no problems holding both. The Qantas and Rewards ranges are treated separately. The Travellers card is separate again, so you can cycle through all three varieties.

Yes, this will be fine for the bonus points. I've done it before. It's only 37,500 Velocity points though, so you'd probably be better getting the Rewards Travel Adventures for 80k Velocity + free return flight. (Or both if you're feeling bold.)

so you'd probably be better getting the Rewards Travel Adventures for 80k Velocity + free return flight.

Not seeing the 80K you mention for this card.

Rewards Travel Adventures credit card | ANZ

Also seems to be excluded given this:

'Not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months. '

The Travellers card is separate again, so you can cycle through all three varieties.

Do you mean this card:

Rewards Travel Adventures credit card | ANZ

If so this will be a problem:

'Not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months. '

Last edited:
Yes, this will be fine for the bonus points. I've done it before. It's only 37,500 Velocity points though, so you'd probably be better getting the Rewards Travel Adventures for 80k Velocity + free return flight. (Or both if you're feeling bold.)
Agree my wife mistakenly got the Rewards Card rather than theTravel Adventures I got and the latter is better IMO. It's even useful beyond the bonus if you are doing overseas travel.

Thanks. Interesting how the same card has entirely different exclusion terms depending on which link you use:

'Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures credit card within the previous 12 months.'

From here (ARTA Point Hacks Exclusive Velocity Offer | ANZ) is favouable to me.

But

'Not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months.'

From here (Rewards Travel Adventures credit card | ANZ) works against me.

Sorry DrRalph. I did mean the Travel Adventures card. It only has an exclusion if you have held that card. The point hacks link has the bonus and the T&C’s read favorably.

ANZ is will known to give sign up bonuses to existing credit card customers, and often discussed in the various Credit card deal threads.
There is no oversight in their T&C

NAB is another.

Really?

Can you point to some recent comments from AFF that confirm this for either or both of these banks?

Agree my wife mistakenly got the Rewards Card rather than theTravel Adventures I got and the latter is better IMO. It's even useful beyond the bonus if you are doing overseas travel.

Yes - I had it before and it's great (it was much better when it had a companion AMEX card with no overseas transaction charges!), especially when you have family on the opposite coast. In fact my, 12 months wait period is up this week...

Thanks. Interesting how the same card has entirely different exclusion terms depending on which link you use:

'Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures credit card within the previous 12 months.'

But

'Not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months.'

It does look like they've made a huge mistake on these T&Cs - Rewards Travel Adventures credit card | ANZ - point 12 onwards repeatedly refer to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, which is a Qantas earning one! Tut tut, ANZ.

The T&Cs on ARTA Point Hacks Exclusive Velocity Offer | ANZ look consistent with when I held the Travel Adventures and the Frequent Flyer Black at the same time and received sign up bonuses for both.

But

This is something I have found is not that unusual, hence why I always PDF the terms and conditions. Personally I thinks it's a mistake on their marketing teams part but one that has served me well in the past when I escalate to FOS. I've had a few cases where various CSRs insist I'm not entitled but envoking the Ombudsman usually works. Have even had the example where CSR insists I'm not entitled , escalation gets a manual credit and 2 months later I get an auto credit. If there is one thing I love, it's incompetence!

It does look like they've made a huge mistake on these T&Cs - Rewards Travel Adventures credit card | ANZ - point 12 onwards repeatedly refer to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, which is a Qantas earning one! Tut tut, ANZ.

Not sure if it was intentional or not But point 12 And 13 are attached to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card which they are promoting as an alternative card on that page. Looks Ok to me, but it is a it confusing when going through the list of T&Cs

Not sure if it was intentional or not But point 12 And 13 are attached to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card which they are promoting as an alternative card on that page. Looks Ok to me, but it is a it confusing when going through the list of T&Cs

Yes, you’re right - items 12-14 refer to the FF Black ad. Very confusing reading through though!

Another here for receiving the bonus from the ANZ Rewards Black card whilst in the 12 month exclusion period for the Frequent Flyer Black card.

Why are you going for the platinum and not black? Is it the ratio of annual fee to bonus points?
Currently there are no $0 annual fee offers for the first year though, either on internet banking or the public site..

Another here for receiving the bonus from the ANZ Rewards Black card whilst in the 12 month exclusion period for the Frequent Flyer Black card.

Why are you going for the platinum and not black? Is it the ratio of annual fee to bonus points?
Currently there are no $0 annual fee offers for the first year though, either on internet banking or the public site..
You're confirming that ANZ do not enforce the 12 months exclusion period? Or are you saying that you got the points for different types of card from ANZ, which is explicitly permitted under the terms of the offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back