Card Promotions ANZ Rewards Black - 180k points, Zero fee first year

Formal Hall

Does the sign-up bonus reliably post with the statement after the minimum spend is achieved? I made the $2000 spend in the first month with a day to spare but the statement just shows the standard points.

GSP

Established Member
Solutions
Does the sign-up bonus reliably post with the statement after the minimum spend is achieved? I made the $2000 spend in the first month with a day to spare but the statement just shows the standard points.

See post #2 in this thread that I posted. I spent over $2k in the first month and had the 180,000 points posted with the first statement. I cleared the $2k hurdle however well within the month FWIW.

Cessna 180

I have just received the card.
This was probably the most annoying experience I have had for a long time.
As someone else said: They kept ringing me and not leaving a message. Then sent an annoying generic email asking the same thing. I had already sent the required documents.

I kept replying to their email and asking for them to write what they wanted, but they just kept ringing and not leaving a number to ring back on, and then sending the same stupid email!!
This went on for about eight or nine cycles and eventually I receive a text message saying approved.
I was actually wishing I hadn't applied but as usual they hit my credit rating before doing anything else.
The points harvest is getting increasingly frustrating and challenging in my experience.

I have one large bill to pay and then will be cancelling as soon as the bonus points arrive.

ff-jr

It somehow got worse after the clusterf**k of an application process. ANZ blocked payments, didn't notify me, and then when I tried to call them to rectify I found there weren't even customer service staff on shift (middle of the day).

That's how they treat their premium CC customers? No thanks, never again. I'm out the minute my bonus points post.

burmans

Solutions
Not my favourite bank. I’ve a very large loan I’ve almost paid off (I.e. about 10k to go) but they insisted on calculating on the limit rather than the balance. So they were saying they had calculated a payment of ~2k a month, and ignored my protestations that I was actually required to pay well less than $100 a month. Still, plenty of other banks out there.

CaptainCurtis

Solutions
Not my favourite bank. I’ve a very large loan I’ve almost paid off (I.e. about 10k to go) but they insisted on calculating on the limit rather than the balance. So they were saying they had calculated a payment of ~2k a month, and ignored my protestations that I was actually required to pay well less than $100 a month. Still, plenty of other banks out there.
That's not too uncommon in lending (particularly home lending), logic being that you could re-draw the balance of the loan to buy a boat (or anything else) the day after the card is approved, so they generally will be conservative in basing repayments off limits rather than current balances.

GSP

Established Member
Solutions
That's not too uncommon in lending (particularly home lending), logic being that you could re-draw the balance of the loan to buy a boat (or anything else) the day after the card is approved, so they generally will be conservative in basing repayments off limits rather than current balances.

Not disagreeing with you, is sounds like Chicken Little worrying about the sky.

N860CR

Established Member
ANZ seem to have outsourced their entire credit card assessment process and it is a PIA.

Their assessment staff will call you from India however not leave a message, and there is no way to call them back. You’ll get an email saying “write in the subject line a 2 hour window in 48 hours time and we’ll call you back”. I eventually spoke to someone who was absolutely useless and struggled to understand my payslip, however when I asked to speak to his manager he just hung up. No way to call back.

Lodged a complaint with staff in Australia who were apologetic, however said they had no way to contact applications and their commitment to get back to me never eventuated.

Got it sorted in the end, but they’re useless. Might lodge an AFCA complaint to see if I can get anything out of them.

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
Just experienced the joke that is the ANZ CC assessment team although I was lucky to catch the phone call (which came from 03 8654 0000) and having heard how bad they were, I kept them on the line to get it all sorted on the one call.

After applying I submitted three months of salaried payslips with no variable component - very, very simple payslips. The assessor wanted to know why my annual salary had increased in the three months covered by the payslips... what a red flag :rolleyes: He said he needed a letter from my employer confirming the raise, so I asked him to hold while I forwarded the PDF on the spot. He was happy to wait.

The raise letter was very straightforward - 'your total annual remuneration package will be increased to $x gross, compromised of..' and then a breakdown of salary and super.

The assessor could not understand why the gross figure stated did not match the annual salary on my payslip, despite the letter breaking down the gross for him. I was shocked at the lack of financial literacy this particular assessor had. Once I'd explained the different between a gross package and an annual salary, he was satisfied and approved the application verbally.

Similar story from a friend who also recently applied for an ANZ Black. Two of the 13 weekly payslips he provided were dated the same, but clearly covered different pay periods. It took him three calls over 10 days until it finally got escalated to someone in the credit assessment team who understood what was going on.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online