ANZ Mobile Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

psi999

Anyone else have it up and running? - released a few days ago in the Google play store (android).

Added my small coughnal of ANZ cards (5 in total) to the app, all worked flawlessly. Potentially a good little lurk for those with rewards cards that don't feel inclined paying $65 additional cardholder fee...

I'm thinking its going to be a big year for mobile payment technology in Australia with google and samsung both set to release their much more supported versions whereas Apply pay appears to be shaping up as the big loser so far with lackluster support from the big banks.

Hadn't seen this, will give it a go. As a bit of a "geek" I like this sort of thing, and am looking forward to Google Pay launching sometime this year.

However I actually question how useful this sort of thing is in reality. Is it really more convenient to pull out your phone than a card from your wallet?

Well I fell at the first hurdle; couldn't even get through the registration process. It relies on sending an authentication SMS and the app for some reason is unable to read it - and unlike 99% of other apps that use SMS authentication, there's no opportunity to enter the code manually.

Potentially a good little lurk for those with rewards cards that don't feel inclined paying $65 additional cardholder fee...

I don't think this is a goer; one of the texts that it sent as part of the registration says that any given card can only be registered to one phone at once.

Well I fell at the first hurdle; couldn't even get through the registration process. It relies on sending an authentication SMS and the app for some reason is unable to read it - and unlike 99% of other apps that use SMS authentication, there's no opportunity to enter the code manually.

I don't think this is a goer; one of the texts that it sent as part of the registration says that any given card can only be registered to one phone at once.

Bummer!

Wouldn't be particularly difficult to slip ones sim card into another phone for this process. That said I haven't tried as yet but imagine it wouldn't be to sophisticated.

As for where I'll use mine I think long term apps such as this will have its place. Having recently gone through a wallet rationalisation dumping all loyalty cards to another app and only carrying the bare minimum of cards I'm still lugging around 11. 8 of these are banking related. Ultimately I'd love to only carry one physical amex and visa and have the rest virtualised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back