ANZ Frequent Flyer Black - Is there a salary requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1549

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card (120k bonus Qantas points with a $7,500 spend).

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a minimum salary required for this?

Thanks

I've just been knocked back my annual salary is 68k but goes up to 90k with overtime.i showed them the last 4 years tax assessment which shows this and they still knocked me back.
Funny thing is they approved me for the rewards black with the exact same criteria just last year.
Makes no sense

They may have tightened the screw to take into account only the stable component of the salary and exclude the variable and uncertain parts in their assessments. There's no guarantee that the overtime will continue at its past level into the future, as well, but as long as you retain your current employment, you continue to get at least the base salary.

I've just been knocked back my annual salary is 68k but goes up to 90k with overtime.i showed them the last 4 years tax assessment which shows this and they still knocked me back.
Funny thing is they approved me for the rewards black with the exact same criteria just last year.
Makes no sense

doenst mean thats the sole reason they knocked you back.
Its more likely the new credit card approval requirements that just kicked in, means you simply no longer qualify for the limit.

Makes no sense

After Jan 1, all credit card assessments got much tighter, per order of ASIC (I think). You have to demonstrate ('prove') an ability to repay the whole credit limit within ... some time frame, i can't recall. So free/unencumbered cash flow on a hard, demonstrable basis available to repay debt.

If overtime isn't guaranteed, ie part of contract or whatever, then it will probably not be counted as part of the 'proof of earnings to cover debt'.

I also think banks in general are tightening credit after the Royal Commission.

Then i apply for a similar card with a different bank with the 75k salary and get instantly approved haha.go figure

Then i apply for a similar card with a different bank with the 75k salary and get instantly approved haha.go figure
Different bank, different policies. These are things nobody can know. All you can do is apply for the credit card you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back