ANZ DROPS FREE AUTO ASSIST FOR GOLD CARDHOLDERS :(

Discussion in 'ANZ Credit Card Rewards' started by Guest, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

From April 1, 2006 ANZ GOLD customers will be able to purchase anz auto assit membership for an annual fee of $33.

A few other changes but this is the biggest.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Sucks... ;(

My money is on the travel insurance is next to go.

2. chrisb

chrisb Active Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Perth
    It sounds like the slow destruction of the ANZ Gold Qantas FF Card which has resulted in it offering basically nothing beyond a basic card and the loss of most of the good bonus partners.

I can't remember the last time I earned bonus partner points on that card.. At least on the original you got monthly bonus points from Telstra.

Chrisb.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

this is the normal anz gold card.. which gets no points anyway.

i dont think anyone has an anz FF card anymore..they are pretty much extinct apart from n00bs claiming their 16K free points from december that still have 2 more months of it to go!

4. ioki

ioki Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SIN
    i was sucked in originally by the said freebie to anz gold and after contacting anz with regard to the freebie withdraw, i've since found out the auto assist is now in 2 tiers.

first tier is the $33 version but it only covers up to a radius of 10 or 15km (can't remember which one now) from the CBD etc.

second tier will cost $55 along with a greater coverage plus additional "benefits" in comparison to the first tier.

as i don't have any other roadside breakdown cover, i'll be likely to take the $55 options. *sigh*

link to auto assist PLUS

http://www.anz.com/australia/persbnk/prdsrv/credit/extras/AutoAssistPlus.asp

5. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    I have one, but only because it was part of my home loan package. It only gets used at places that don't accept AMEX.

6. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Ditto

7. QFTravel

QFTravel Intern

Nov 3, 2004
    I use it as an alternate to the AMEX now. Am up for renewal in March and will request the card fee be wavied or i take my business down the road to Woolies.

8. morbo

morbo Junior Member

Jun 3, 2005
    i can't believe a card can still exist when its so uncompetitive these days. that said, i too have signed up and waiting for the 16000 points. :)

9. ozstamps

ozstamps Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Sunny Sydney
    Thanks for heads up d00t - did not realise this. :cry:

Very negative change for me at least.

Odd ANZ have not advised cardholders by mail on this change - well at least they have not to me.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i read it in one of those generic "updates" letters that came with the last statement

11. aasz1978

aasz1978 Member

Jan 12, 2005
    My ANZ Card is definitely going to be my first target to be eliminated.

That's for sure....

(Have they no shame? Asking us to fork annual fees and slashing perks at the same time?)