ANZ DROPS FREE AUTO ASSIST FOR GOLD CARDHOLDERS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

From April 1, 2006 ANZ GOLD customers will be able to purchase anz auto assit membership for an annual fee of $33.

A few other changes but this is the biggest.

Sucks... ;(

My money is on the travel insurance is next to go.

d00t said:
My money is on the travel insurance is next to go.

It sounds like the slow destruction of the ANZ Gold Qantas FF Card which has resulted in it offering basically nothing beyond a basic card and the loss of most of the good bonus partners.

I can't remember the last time I earned bonus partner points on that card.. At least on the original you got monthly bonus points from Telstra.

Chrisb.

this is the normal anz gold card.. which gets no points anyway.

i dont think anyone has an anz FF card anymore..they are pretty much extinct apart from n00bs claiming their 16K free points from december that still have 2 more months of it to go!

i was sucked in originally by the said freebie to anz gold and after contacting anz with regard to the freebie withdraw, i've since found out the auto assist is now in 2 tiers.

first tier is the $33 version but it only covers up to a radius of 10 or 15km (can't remember which one now) from the CBD etc.

second tier will cost $55 along with a greater coverage plus additional "benefits" in comparison to the first tier.

as i don't have any other roadside breakdown cover, i'll be likely to take the $55 options. *sigh*

link to auto assist PLUS

http://www.anz.com/australia/persbnk/prdsrv/credit/extras/AutoAssistPlus.asp

d00t said:
i dont think anyone has an anz FF card anymore..they are pretty much extinct apart from n00bs claiming their 16K free points from december that still have 2 more months of it to go!

I have one, but only because it was part of my home loan package. It only gets used at places that don't accept AMEX.

Damien said:
I have one, but only because it was part of my home loan package. It only gets used at places that don't accept AMEX.

Ditto

MetroAir said:
Damien said:

Ditto

I use it as an alternate to the AMEX now. Am up for renewal in March and will request the card fee be wavied or i take my business down the road to Woolies.

i can't believe a card can still exist when its so uncompetitive these days. that said, i too have signed up and waiting for the 16000 points. :)

Thanks for heads up d00t - did not realise this. :cry:

Very negative change for me at least.

Odd ANZ have not advised cardholders by mail on this change - well at least they have not to me.

ozstamps said:
Thanks for heads up d00t - did not realise this. :cry:

Very negative change for me at least.

Odd ANZ have not advised cardholders by mail on this change - well at least they have not to me.

i read it in one of those generic "updates" letters that came with the last statement

My ANZ Card is definitely going to be my first target to be eliminated.

That's for sure....

(Have they no shame? Asking us to fork annual fees and slashing perks at the same time?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back