ANZ Black Lounge Access | Page 8 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

ANZ Black Lounge Access

Spongbob

AFF Supporter
With ANZ withdrawing their AMEX branded cards in August 2017, AUSBT notes:"Also of note, access to the American Express lounge at Sydney Airport currently requires an ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black American Express – so with these cards being withdrawn, this existing benefit will follow suit.".

The ANZ Black Card was becoming a joke for lounge access any.

jbman

AFF Supporter
They need to offer priority pass instead of the hopeless system they have now in place.

ChipChip

Flights
My Map
...and Singapore Wellness Oasis Lounge gone from access now.. not that it was great but shower and snack was ok.. oh well laps of T1 it is.

Duffa

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Re: Amsterdam Schiphol - Menzies/Aspire 41 Lounge - Jan 2017 Access Granted

Initially there were at least a couple of very useful ones, notably the dnata/Skyview lounges in SIN and the Plaza Premium in KUL.

https://www.anz.com/resources/6/b/6bc6cc89-d89b-496d-b744-7684ce08fea1/veloce-lounges.pdf

Now there are no lounges in KUL and only the very ordinary Wellness Oasis in SIN (though it's still better than nothing).
Your pdf does list KUL as having Plaz Premium lounge available.... ?
Does anyone have a recent experience in KUL?

Longtoo

Entry denied at Apricot Lounge Ho Chi Minh city airport for an ANZ blackcard holder. The lounge dragon explained that their contract with ANZ has expired and I might be able to use the Orchid lounge. Turned up at the Orchid lounge, they said i would need a different ANZ black card!!?

pauly7

AFF Supporter

Entry denied at Apricot Lounge Ho Chi Minh city airport for an ANZ blackcard holder. The lounge dragon explained that their contract with ANZ has expired and I might be able to use the Orchid lounge. Turned up at the Orchid lounge, they said i would need a different ANZ black card!!?
Oh the other black ANZ card ;)

ChipChip

Flights
My Map

Oh the other black ANZ card ;)
Yeah, I was let in to Menzies Lounge in GOT only because "lounge dragon" was a very nice one! but she showed me the ANZ Cards that were still included and they were the Singapore issued ANZ Platinum and Black cards. So looks like the Australian issued cards have limited access compared to Singapore issued cards.

Dalescott

AFF Supporter

You have to join Véloce World they have a list there. They say that the ANZ Black Card is received, so we have to take them on their word.

tdpali

Intern
Flights
My Map
Downloadable list of lounges from ANZ is no longer available. As said above, you need to login to the Veloce site with the first 6 numbers of your credit card. It will then show you the lounges ANZ are utlilizing.

tdpali

Intern
Flights
My Map
I can't believe the main airport hub in Asia Pacific (Singapore) does not have a lounge any more with the ANZ Black card. 2-3 years ago I could use one of the 3rd party lounges, enough for a bite and a shower. Very disappointing.

davidj

you need to login to the Veloce site with the first 6 numbers of your credit card.
Has anyone successfully downloaded a list from Veloce? They website seems broken. Could someone post a recent pdf please?

ChipChip

Flights
My Map
Has anyone successfully downloaded a list from Veloce? They website seems broken. Could someone post a recent pdf please?
It does seem like they have done an update to the website since I last looked - old one was bad and not sure this looks any better considering it doesn't show any lounges!

I may have some screenshots from August of Europe/Middle East lounges - what airports where you after?

coolstepslg

Useless card now. Tried to acess louis 1st class in g level 3 bkk denied even though its on the list they accepted my diners and priority pass instead

davidj

Thanks Daveyle.

What ever happened to:

Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 1 Al Reem Lounge
Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 1 Al Dhabi Lounge
Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 2 Al Ghazal Lounge

Singapore Changi International Airport Terminal 1 Dnata SkyView Lounge
Singapore Changi International Airport Terminal 3 Dnata Lounge

And SIN nothing? Wow what an enhancement if I ever had one!

Strategic Aviation

Established Member
Singapore Changi International Airport Terminal 1 Dnata SkyView Lounge
Singapore Changi International Airport Terminal 3 Dnata Lounge
Gone for more than a year, replaced by the Wellness Oasis. See the previous page of this thread.

And SIN nothing? Wow what an enhancement if I ever had one!
Indeed, an exceptional enhancement. Though the Wellness Oasis didn't offer much, it was certainly better than nothing.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David O’Bryen