ANZ 7,500 points on offer

Discussion in 'ANZ Credit Card Rewards' started by Robbie43, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Robbie43

Robbie43 Newbie

Jul 19, 2004
    Hello, long time lurker here. :lol:

i've just received a snail mail offer of a new ANZ FF Visa card. From what I could see, the annual fee for the Classic Card is $95 and 7,500 points simply for joining before 30 September and using it before November.
    I dont care for another Ccard, but this seems to be a good way of building up my points and then ditcing the card soon after. I cant see any restrictions on what you need to spend.

However, when I checked online, if you join on line you only receive 5,000 points! lol.

Has anyone else seen this offer, and have I missed anything in the fine print that might trap me?[/url]
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. Rick93

Rick93 Established Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I think there might be a time frame of three months that the account must remain open... before those bonus points will be credited to your account.

By that time, you will have been charged the card annular fee, plus the 'rewards' fee. A total of about $150. to get your 7,500 points.

regards,

3. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Still cheaper than 7.5 red e-deals at 1000 points per flight, although you don't get the SC's with it. :D

Dave

4. Rick93

Rick93 Established Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Ahh, but if you're flying on a 'red edeal', just for the points and SC... then at least you get a fab inflight meal, plus whatever in the QC (especially drinks in the pm)....

(am I joking?)

5. ozstamps

ozstamps Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Sunny Sydney
    More important to me does this card give 1 mile per $A1 or HALF a mile?

I have a Gold Qantas ANZ card I am about to cancel due to that. I heard there IS a 1=1 ANZ card out there somewhere.

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or the consumption value at the QP before each of those 7.5 red e-deals. And of course you have to take into account getting home after that last 0.5 flight :lol: .