ANZ - 300,000 QFF points offer on a mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies.

casanovawa

Established Member
ANZ have an offer out of 300,000 QFF points when taking out a loan over $300,000.

"Take out an eligible home loan over $300,000 and you could get the home, the points, plus the chance to win up to half a million dollars off your loan."

Apply by 31 August 2019 and settle by 31 January 2020.

Last edited:
It's eligible for new lending (so refinancing from another lender) or switching a loan product - the requirement is a applying for a new eligible loan of over $300,000 must be taken out...

What are the total fees of refinancing? From what i can gather, in VIC, there is govt fees including discharge of mortgage docs ($120), registration of mortgage docs ($120), title search ($17) and current providers mortgage discharge fee (for me $150). Plus ANZ's fees of course. Am I missing anything?

What are the total fees of refinancing? From what i can gather, in VIC, there is govt fees including discharge of mortgage docs ($120), registration of mortgage docs ($120), title search ($17) and current providers mortgage discharge fee (for me $150). Plus ANZ's fees of course. Am I missing anything?

Quick look in the system in Vic:
Mortgage Registration - $117
Discharge Registration - $117
It doesn't mention a title search fee but we usually put in $100 miscellaneous just for a few little unforeseen things

And then yes there would be the discharge fee of leaving your current lender/loan and yes ANZ fees.

We are looking to refinance at the end of September anyway so this has come at the perfect time. Will most likely apply for this unless another more compelling product offer comes around.

We are looking to refinance at the end of September anyway so this has come at the perfect time. Will most likely apply for this unless another more compelling product offer comes around.

It is a pretty good offer with that amount of QF points on offer, haven't seen anything recently that compares. Note the closing dates for the offer so you don't want to leave it till the last minute for applications.

Best part about it is that the points are all paid upfront. (unlike Macquarie or Virgin Money deals previously).

Has anyone enquired about their best rates yet? Because that is the worst part. You've got poor rates (3.63 variable and 3.18 fixed with an expensive package fee for $395 per annum)

Yep the upfront points is appealing...

The 3.18% fixed isn't too bad at the moment, not the best but reasonable, but we are able to apply for pricing to see what the bank will come down to.

Best part about it is that the points are all paid upfront. (unlike Macquarie or Virgin Money deals previously).

Has anyone enquired about their best rates yet? Because that is the worst part. You've got poor rates (3.63 variable and 3.18 fixed with an expensive package fee for $395 per annum)

Email I received from a branch lender I met with a couple of weeks ago said the full rate cut has been passed on as at 12 July so new variable rate will be 3.38% for the Simplicity Plus product which I believe has no annual fee. Not the lowest rate in the market but I’m reading mixed reviews of some of the really cheap lenders so happy to give ANZ a try.

Email I received from a branch lender I met with a couple of weeks ago said the full rate cut has been passed on as at 12 July so new variable rate will be 3.38% for the Simplicity Plus product which I believe has no annual fee. Not the lowest rate in the market but I’m reading mixed reviews of some of the really cheap lenders so happy to give ANZ a try.

So simplicity plus is the loan product without the offset?

So simplicity plus is the loan product without the offset?

Correct. No offset. The importance of this will differ for everyone but for us we do t usually keep a lot of excess cash sitting around so minimal benefit to us. Believe this product still offers redraws.

Wonder if ANZ will give you the points if you suggest you will leave and refinance with an alternative lender (and we are on the more expensive breakfree ANZ package that has an annual fee).

I’m currently in the second year of a 2 year fixed loan with ANZ. Does anyone know if it’s possible to refinance with ANZ and get the points??

I’m currently in the second year of a 2 year fixed loan with ANZ. Does anyone know if it’s possible to refinance with ANZ and get the points??

How long till your 2 yr fixed loan finishes?

Seeing a new loan is required to qualify for this offer you'd probably have to talk to ANZ to see whether a break fee would be involved to close your current loan before taking out a new one....

Last edited:
Seeing a new loan is required to qualify for this loan you'd probably have to talk to ANZ to see whether a break fee would be involved to close your current loan before taking out a new one....

Do you know whether this offer is only available via the branch network or we can use a broker for this offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back