ANZ - 16K QFF and No annual fee for the 1st year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGarlic

I have been a lurker for such a long time and have benefitted heaps from this forum. It is about time I contribute to this forum with a good bargain.

ANZ Frequent Flyer

No annual fees for the 1st year and 16K QFF on first spent

Thanks, 16K points for nothing is a nice deal.

The earn on the Visa card component is pathetic, $1 = 0.25 points, so looks like a card is something you cancel after a few months of non-use.

Wow that was an easy 16k points for free

10 mins of web form filling, approved in 20 secs and the cards are on there way.

Before I pull the trigger do we get stung for:

For ANZ Frequent Flyer an annual account Fee of $49 applies. An annual $10 Additional Cardholder Fee applies per additional cardholder on the account. ANZ reserves the right to increase the Annual Account Fee at any time provided notification is made to the customer 30 days prior. Existing customers may be subject to a different Total Annual Fee and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the Total Annual Fee that applies to their account.

My application got declined, presumably due to the $1K limit I requested for. :shock:

The point earn on Visa certainly is pathetic. Makes the card unviable for a medium-long term option.

So take the card, spent a couple hundred, get the 16k bonus and cut the card. Is there any way to lose here?

don't think you even have to spend,just activate?
and no $49 FF Reward fee for first year either

$0 annual account fee and $0 Rewards Program Services Fee for the primary cardholder in the first year applies only once. The annual account fee and Rewards Program Service fee will be debited to your account when it is activated (which will appear on your first statement). Within 4 weeks of account activation your account will be credited with the annual account fee and Rewards Program Service fee amounts (which will appear on your second statement). The annual account fee and Rewards Program Services fee will apply to your account for the second and subsequent years. To be eligible for this offer you must activate your card.

Wow they've reduced the earn to 0.25 points per dollar for the Visa. It used to be 0.5 points per dollar...

Wow they've reduced the earn to 0.25 points per dollar for the Visa. It used to be 0.5 points per dollar...

Well, that's why I need to make sure I cancel the card as soon as I get the 16000 points.

I think this is more of a test of the market, and us signing up for cards will likely skew their results. ANZ did a bit of research that I was involved in trying to work out what was important for their customers re: points - this was why they introduced thei programs with no limits on points. Halving the earn rate on the visa (when they already had a reduced earn rate) is a test to see if it improves or decreases their signup rate, and the effectiveness of the 16,000 bonus points.

I'd sign up for it myself if I wasn;t already waiting for the bonus points to come through on my Platinum card with them before I cancel it for the second time.

I managed to get the $49 annual fee waived for the last two years, but they didnt want to waive it again for me today. 1. any tips on what to say and how to get it waived this year? I took up the 2.9% balance transfer offer since its also available to existing customers so now i am in a bit of harder spot as i don't want to close the account for the next 12 months. I will try and call them again tomorrow but during the day time not evening and hopefully ill get someone that's more helpful. BTW I got transferred to 3 different departments today and all were not able to waive the fee for me. I think only a few staff in the retention and complaints depts have the authority to waive the annual fee but they weren't budging unless I had a home loan with ANZ. 2. ref the $49 annual fee, how much of it is the program fee? 3. I guess I could also ask that they cancel the FF program fee and I just opt to pay the annual fee of about $31 as i don't plan to be use the card for 1 year until i have paid off the full Balance transfer?. 4. Does anyone know if you go down the path of transferring the card over to the Anz platinum visa that has a $0 annual fee in the first year that your existing Balance that was transferred at the promo rate 2.9% will be carried over to the new card? 5. Can existing ANZ customers that have held this ANZ FF card in the past and either cancelled it or done a product transfer still qualify for the 16k points if they apply via this promo link?

Cheers for the info, had signed up for the $95 a year fee which gives 0.5 points per dollar, but saw this and quickly cancelled and reapplied. Approved and have cards within a week. Cheers for the info!

Happy flying!

Cheers for the info, had signed up for the $95 a year fee which gives 0.5 points per dollar, but saw this and quickly cancelled and reapplied. Approved and have cards within a week. Cheers for the info!

Happy flying!
this card is :
  • 1 point[SUP]2[/SUP] per $1 spent on purchases using your ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express[SUP]®[/SUP]card, to maximise your points earning
  • 1 point[SUP]2[/SUP] per $4 spent on purchases using your ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa card, with the convenience of 29 million locations worldwide

i have the same card offer of $49 back in 2009 whilst the amex earns 1 point per dollar i think the visa earns 1 per $2 which is better then this one. have they recently reduced the visa earn rate to $4 for new and existing FF card holders?

I have received the card and done one spent on the card. I think that was what "eligible spent" meant in the T&C in order to get the 16K pts. The card will be placed in my drawer after I have received the 16K QF points.

I managed to get the $49 annual fee waived for the last two years, but they didnt want to waive it again for me today. 1. any tips on what to say and how to get it waived this year? I took up the 2.9% balance transfer offer since its also available to existing customers so now i am in a bit of harder spot as i don't want to close the account for the next 12 months. I will try and call them again tomorrow but during the day time not evening and hopefully ill get someone that's more helpful. BTW I got transferred to 3 different departments today and all were not able to waive the fee for me. I think only a few staff in the retention and complaints depts have the authority to waive the annual fee but they weren't budging unless I had a home loan with ANZ. 2. ref the $49 annual fee, how much of it is the program fee? 3. I guess I could also ask that they cancel the FF program fee and I just opt to pay the annual fee of about $31 as i don't plan to be use the card for 1 year until i have paid off the full Balance transfer?. 4. Does anyone know if you go down the path of transferring the card over to the Anz platinum visa that has a $0 annual fee in the first year that your existing Balance that was transferred at the promo rate 2.9% will be carried over to the new card? 5. Can existing ANZ customers that have held this ANZ FF card in the past and either cancelled it or done a product transfer still qualify for the 16k points if they apply via this promo link?

Not quite sure what your circumstances are, or what you're after. If you're looking to get on to the card promoted in this thread and you're an existing card holder with ANZ, just pay the existing one off. Apply for this new one and away you go with your 16k bonus and no annual fee.

If you're looking at balance transfer stuff I suppose it gets a little more complicated, that's where I was lost in your post. If they won't waive the annual fee on your existing standard FF card then apply for this new one. Then after you've got the new cards ring up to cancel the existing one and they'll likely offer you to consolidate the two, essentially giving you a balance transfer and pro-rata refund on annual fee.

Generally I find ANZ to be frustrating to deal with on the phone. Most people I've spoken to seem to want to get rid of you asap. But, if you're persistent and reasonable you'll get what you need. GL.

Not quite sure what your circumstances are, or what you're after. If you're looking to get on to the card promoted in this thread and you're an existing card holder with ANZ, just pay the existing one off. Apply for this new one and away you go with your 16k bonus and no annual fee.

If you're looking at balance transfer stuff I suppose it gets a little more complicated, that's where I was lost in your post. If they won't waive the annual fee on your existing standard FF card then apply for this new one. Then after you've got the new cards ring up to cancel the existing one and they'll likely offer you to consolidate the two, essentially giving you a balance transfer and pro-rata refund on annual fee.

Generally I find ANZ to be frustrating to deal with on the phone. Most people I've spoken to seem to want to get rid of you asap. But, if you're persistent and reasonable you'll get what you need. GL.

i manged to persuade them to waive the annaul fee again and took full advantage of the balance transfer at 2.9%. The problem now is i forgot about a direct debit from onepath insurance which charged my account $3.92 on sept 30th so i transfered $3.92 over from my anz savings account on the same day .ive canceled the direct debit now and dont plan on making any purchases with this card until the balance transfer is paid off. what the problem is now is i think they will charge me over 20% interest on this purchase as balance transfers are paid off first with anz isnt? is it possible to get this $3.92 transaction reversed?

I have received the card and done one spent on the card. I think that was what "eligible spent" meant in the T&C in order to get the 16K pts. The card will be placed in my drawer after I have received the 16K QF points.

just remember to cancel before the year is up

so much for 60seconds approval, just tried and have been given the old, "we'll contact you in 5 business days time" line :(

I just want my free points...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back