Anyway of convincing QF to move an award seat? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Anyway of convincing QF to move an award seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Currently have two award J tix booked (since May 24) flying MEL-SYD-FRA-etc next month, with QF5 SYD-FRA via SIN.

I noticed tonite that QF5 is showing J0 C0 DO from SYD-SIN and SYD-FRA (with some seats open from SIN-FRA). I also noticed that QF9 from MEL-SIN that same night is showing J9 C9 D9. Is there anway I could convince QF to move the two seats to fly MEL-SIN direct instead of via SYD, without charging me 5,000pts + extra $100 in taxes?

If they did, that would put 2 J seats back into the inventory for them to sell from SYD-SIN. For me, it doesn't make a huge differencegoing via SYD (not worth paying the penalty, particularly the extra taxes, to go direct from MEL)., but you'd think occassionally they could bend the rules when it's a win-win for both parties.

Kiwi Flyer

I doubt it. Maybe QF might consider it if it is the same 1 week out from your flights but unlikely this early.

freaky

I doubt it as well.

It makes sense. You know QF are going to struggle with that! :D

NM

Flights
My Map
At your request, its unlikely to happen, no matter how much sense it makes.

If it was their request for you to change, then you would probably be presented with a done deal and little choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajp123