Anyone used Bill Fairies before?

GDale

I noticed today that you can now get "Bill Fairies" gift cards on Prezzee: Bill Fairies eGift Card

Looks like the gift card can be used to pay most BPay billers (financial institutions and some other exclusions apply), which seems like a good way to get around credit card fees/transactions excluded from points earn/amex acceptance issues, since you can buy the giftcards off Prezzee using a credit card (including amex) without any surcharges.

Question is has anyone used this service before? There are next to no reviews online about them, and the website isn't exactly the sleekest/most professional looking. I've used Prezzee plenty of times and the fact that they're partnering with Bill Fairies gives me a little more confidence, but actual experience would count for a lot more.

Interesting.
Presumably hoping for breakage to make money?
That's what I'm hoping to find out too - are these gift cards single use, do they get redeemed into a wallet, can they be pooled with additional gift cards, etc

Reading their t&cs, it looks like they charge credit card fees when purchasing gift cards through their own website, so it would've at least been a net neutral for them - but with Prezzee not charging fees to customers AND presumably taking a cut from the face value of the card, it's not clear where the profit is coming from...

That's what I'm hoping to find out too - are these gift cards single use, do they get redeemed into a wallet, can they be pooled with additional gift cards, etc

Reading their t&cs, it looks like they charge credit card fees when purchasing gift cards through their own website, so it would've at least been a net neutral for them - but with Prezzee not charging fees to customers AND presumably taking a cut from the face value of the card, it's not clear where the profit is coming from...
You redeem the entire gift card value into your Bill Fairies account. I redeemed a few small value cards and then used the lump sum to go towards paying a bill. My Telstra bill payment has definitely gone through as the Telstra app is showing my bill is now $65 less. I need to do a live chat with my local council to confirm if my Bpay to them has gone through successfully to them.

You redeem the entire gift card value into your Bill Fairies account. I redeemed a few small value cards and then used the lump sum to go towards paying a bill. My Telstra bill payment has definitely gone through as the Telstra app is showing my bill is now $65 less. I need to do a live chat with my local council to confirm if my Bpay to them has gone through successfully to them.

One of my local council rates payments went through, but the other didn't. I suspect it is because the payments were done around 6PM and so one may have missed the cutoff time.

I emailed them and asked about using their service to pay my upcoming PHI premium and they said that would be fine. I also asked about whether it was possible to use them to make a super contribution, but their response was "We do not pay any investment or superannuation fees as they are a financial contribution and not a bill"

Will give it a go but the website looks pretty amateurish
The site could use some improvement. Their Facebook page has posts going back to early 2019 with links to a number of media interviews on Sunrise and Today, so they've been around for a few years, but I only found out about them through this thread.

I gave them a go. Prezee had a limit of $200 per gift card so it's usefulness is limited for larger bills. As said before the money gets pooled into a Bill Fairies 'wallet" which is used for Bpay payments. I'll let you know how it goes

When I first saw Bill Fairies on Prezzee they had $15-$200 gift cards available. Yesterday they had up to $150, now all they have left is $20, $30, $50 and $75. I was hoping some more high value amounts would get topped up but it hasn't happened yet. When I spoke to someone from Bill Fairies on the phone on Tuesday they told me they were trialling Prezzee and they hadn't decided if they would continue with the Prezzee platform. I guess if they don't add more cards once they are sold that's a sign that they have chosen not to continue on Prezzee.

Since learning about Bill Fairies, I've paid a small council bill (council scripts AMEX directly, but only earns half the points due to being government spend) , a Telstra bill and just under $2700 towards my PHI (my insurer only accepts Visa and MasterCard payments). It was good while it lasted.

Bill Fairies $10 and $250 gift cards are currently in stock at prezzee.com.au. Be careful not to order too many too quickly. I got myself blocked for buying 7 x $250 in the space of 5 minutes or so. The block seemed to disappear after 24 hours and I was able to buy another $1000 worth. Going to put this towards paying off the next chunk of PHI since they only accept BPAY and Visa/MC.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back