Anyone for a free upgrade??

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by blundeni, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. blundeni

blundeni Junior Member

Jan 6, 2006
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4980364.stm

I once stood in Business talking with another Business passenger - when told to sit down by the FA - so I did - in Business holding an economy ticket.

No comment was made to me either during or after the flight - I passed on food so that may have helped :?:

Anyone else?? :twisted:

2. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    No - I've never tried to steal a seat in a "higher" cabin if travelling in Y. It's just not the right thing to do.

3. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have never stormed the first class cabin either.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Me too.

I have sometimes been offered a new seat onboard but it has always been specifically referenced "Please come up to seat nX ..."

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    That has never happed to me :( . Perhaps I should try the other method some time 8) .

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    If you're already in the best cabin it hardly matters does it?

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I still choose 3-class flighst on the hope of being asked to move forward, but alas I must not have the right look for that invitation.

8. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I had a free upgrade to first class for 1 hour on a flight SYD-BKK once. :D My friend invited me to keep his seat warm while he was sampling the scotch and chatting up the FA.

I was asked to leave after about 1 hour as the other first class passengers complained that I was too excited and they were trying to sleep.

I thought the whole idea of flying first class was for the added pleasure. Why spend all that money or points on first class seat only to fall asleep. :?

9. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Better sleep than in whY .... or always look for daytime flights so you can enjoy the pleasures for longer :D (says he who is waitlisting for F upgrade for QF29 and QF30 daytime flights :D ).

10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    JohnK - if you're in F SYD-BKK-LHR-xxx then I hope you don't try to stay up the whole way to get the "added pleasure".

Hmmm where have I heard that phrase before :?: