Anybody get annual fee waived for Centurion Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

armanie

Hi,

After reading about all the successful requests for annual fee waivers, I was just wondering if any one with a Centurion card have had similar success by getting their annual fee waived?

Thanks

armanie

If you have to ask I don't think you qualify for the card

This is very much Amex's paid for status symbol.

aubs said:
If you have to ask I don't think you qualify for the card

This is very much Amex's paid for status symbol.

CLASSIC RESPONSE!! :mrgreen:

TG

They may do so, if you are valuable enough to them, but I wouldn't be counting on a waiver. They are clearly targetted at people that can afford the fee.

NM said:
and perceive value from the fee :rolleyes:

That would be tough. I have been offered the platinum charge card a few times and struggle to see value in $900. The Centurion would want to offer something pretty special to justify its fee

oz_mark said:
They may do so, if you are valuable enough to them, but I wouldn't be counting on a waiver. They are clearly targetted at people that can afford the fee.

The people who don't blink an eyelid at the annual fee also don't worry about spending the same amount on; for example; a good bottle of Bordeaux. I think the old saying is something about "a drop in the ocean". If a cardholder is concerned about getting "value" out of a Centurion, then it's not the card for them.

oz_mark said:
Thanks for your opinions.

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is at what point do Amex consider some one valuable enough to waive the $4300 annual fee?

If some one spends say, over $2m per year on their card, is that valuable enough?

What do you think?

armanie

armanie said:
Thanks for your opinions.

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is at what point do Amex consider some one valuable enough to waive the $4300 annual fee?

If some one spends say, over $2m per year on their card, is that valuable enough?

What do you think?

armanie

I imagine that the "flagship" Centurion card is like shopping at Chanel - "We don't discount". Otherwise I don't think that it's possible to answer your question, because I doubt that anyone who puts $2M a year through their Amex account is going to concern themselves with a board that focuses on commercial airline travel.

$2M/year may not be all personal spend - it wouldnt be that unreasonable for a trades person to push that much through their Amex card (obviously a senior trade rather than some 18 year old buying gyprock for a kitchen refit).

simongr said:
$2M/year may not be all personal spend - it wouldnt be that unreasonable for a trades person to push that much through their Amex card (obviously a senior trade rather than some 18 year old buying gyprock for a kitchen refit).

Fair enough. We'll wait to see if we get any bites, then.

I do agree though that we are unlikely to see many replies indicating a waiver has been received. In fact I only recall seeing 2 people on these forums flag that they have a centurion card...

simongr said:
I do agree though that we are unlikely to see many replies indicating a waiver has been received. In fact I only recall seeing 2 people on these forums flag that they have a centurion card...

I have one, but they haven't offered me a waiver... Though I don't put $2M P/A thru my account!

NYCguy said:
I have one, but they haven't offered me a waiver... Though I don't put $2M P/A thru my account!

Why would they offer you a fee waiver when you’re happily paying the fee?

I wouldn’t offer you one.

You have to offer them reason(s) to justify the fee waiver.

I recently had this discussion with Amex, especially as they wanted almost double $$$ for the titanium version, for little extra of value to me...no luck, so I have downgraded myself to platinum. They were willing to offer some benefits, such as bonus miles, but not enough to make it worthwhile.

Hi all

My recent encounter was that Amex called to offer me a free Platinum Business charge card for as long as I hold my Centurion. I perceive the value of free delivery of the weekend AFR, BRW and business info at no extra cost plus 1.5 MR for upto $250K spend as good incentive when I don't get 1.5MR per dollar spend after my $500K spend on Centurion card. Annual fee for that business card would have cost me $1200.

Thanks
Kito

kito said:
Hi all

My recent encounter was that Amex called to offer me a free Platinum Business charge card for as long as I hold my Centurion. I perceive the value of free delivery of the weekend AFR, BRW and business info at no extra cost plus 1.5 MR for upto $250K spend as good incentive when I don't get 1.5MR per dollar spend after my $500K spend on Centurion card. Annual fee for that business card would have cost me $1200.

Thanks
Kito

Oh, to be able to run up expenses such as this!

beardoc said:
Oh, to be able to run up expenses such as this!

It's easy when you know that you are going to be reimbursed for a lot of it!

simongr said:
I have this card also, but centnox has less of a ring about it. NYCguy, of course Chanel are open to bargaining, although I know it's less likely to occur when shopping in pairs... BTW I haven't heard about any waivers for this card personally in Oz, but I did read something in the U.S press (within about the last 6 months) about this, but can't locate the news article to share. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back