Answered - Any downsides on the Diner's Club Lounge access? | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Any downsides on the Diner's Club Lounge access?

ajd

Flights
My Map
Thanks for your replies.
Ive actually gave them a call. And call centre told me that it is possible to get a card wwithout rewards program fee.

Sounds like a good deal just to get a lounge access
Is this for the Qantas card or the regular Diners Club non-Qantas card?

Myztikal_

Intern
FYI, from the Citibank website (Citi Australia - Platinum Card)

Will the Linked Diners Club Card also come with the benefits of a standalone Diners Club Card (e.g. Diners Club lounge access, etc.)?

"No, The Linked Diners Club Card does not have any Diners Club benefits such as lounge access. Card benefits will remain the same as what is available on your Citi Credit Card."

coolstepslg

I'm referring to the companion card. Yes they swiped the card but didn't mention any fee. I saw the eligibility list and it indicated free for Australia, so I'll definitely check my next statement...
AIRwin did you check your statement to confirm if you ended up being charged the fee or not? i would to know before trying it for one of my kids in an upcoming long trip.

AIRwin

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
thanks AIRwin for confirming there was no charge incurred for the citibank companion Diners club card. ill give it a try at the bne lounge this month
That was the HND lounge though, so I'm not sure if there may be charges at the lounges in Australia...

Maggs

Intern
Flights
My Map
Better late then never to reply. I love my Diners Club Card for access to lounges. I've been using it for about 12 years. I ditched QC about 10 years ago realizing this is the only card I need and being able to use any airline. Plenty of choice, some good, some very good (Venice, Majorca , Bangkok, Chaing Mai) and some not so good (KLIA2) , but would not give it up.

djkelly69

Anyone know if the guest fee can be charged to a different card? Reason is wife has a work Diners, but will be travelling internationally for personal reasons. Reimbursement after the fact is not allowed.

kpc

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Used the lounges recently in Waw, Vno, Pen and Kul :) ...good perk to have from a fee free card :)

ddl550

Used the lounges recently in Waw, Vno, Pen and Kul :) ...good perk to have from a fee free card :)
Hang on, what do you mean a “fee free card” are you talking about the Coles Diners Club card? That card gives you global lounge access for $0 per year ?!!

kpc

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hang on, what do you mean a “fee free card” are you talking about the Coles Diners Club card? That card gives you global lounge access for $0 per year ?!!
Have had the Diners card for 28 years...initially was free via a professional association but when the relationshop ended, Diners grandfathered the card and supps fee free ... :)

ddl550

Ah ok got it - sorry just saw your earlier post in this thread now....good to see a company that still rewards for years of loyalty!

albyd

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I called them today for my annual fee statement. They’re checking with a ‘supervisor’ to see if they can waive my fee again this year. Wish there was a blanket waiver.

Avolin

I'm planning to sign up for Diners Club tomorrow purely for lounge access (wish me luck with my application processing time). I travel frequently (int'l and domestic) without loyalty to any airline, so I think DC is my best option.

Can someone tell me the lowest annual fee option if I also want to sign up my partner so he can get lounge access too?

According to the table here, it seems like DC card alone (no Mastercard) + additional card fee = $185/year. Is that right, i.e. can someone confirm we would both get lounge access without paying the rewards fee? (I'm not interested in earning points with DC.)

Alternatively, we get the Qantas FF DC which is $200/year including the rewards fee, or do we need to pay the rewards fee twice due to additional cardholder - in which case it becomes $255/year?

Some clarity would be much appreciated!

OBB811

I'm planning to sign up for Diners Club tomorrow purely for lounge access (wish me luck with my application processing time). I travel frequently (int'l and domestic) without loyalty to any airline, so I think DC is my best option.

Can someone tell me the lowest annual fee option if I also want to sign up my partner so he can get lounge access too?

According to the table here, it seems like DC card alone (no Mastercard) + additional card fee = $185/year. Is that right, i.e. can someone confirm we would both get lounge access without paying the rewards fee? (I'm not interested in earning points with DC.)

Alternatively, we get the Qantas FF DC which is $200/year including the rewards fee, or do we need to pay the rewards fee twice due to additional cardholder - in which case it becomes $255/year?

Some clarity would be much appreciated!
Wanting to know the exact same. I called Diners Club and they said that the rewards fee is unavoidable on the Qantas card but I’m not sure if it applies to both cardholders.

Maggs

Intern
Flights
My Map
I used to have a corporate DC when I discovered the lounges. I now have my own and can’t fault it. not being tied to one airline is a bonus, I used so many lounges in many countries inc AU. they can vary in quality . Plus I use DC at Qantas, Hotels.com, Woolies, Coles, Bunnings Kmart etc. no tap but swipe and $1 a point.
for $155 a year it works for me

AFF on Air Podcast

• Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamole