Amex Travel Credit - pay remainder with other card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlutekPlutek

Hi,
Has anyone been ale to use the American Express Travel credit (I have $400 on the Explorer? card), but I can only use the same card to pay for the remainder of the booking. I actually wanted to use a different card. How is that possible ?

THanks,
LP

Hi,
Has anyone been ale to use the American Express Travel credit (I have $400 on the Explorer? card), but I can only use the same card to pay for the remainder of the booking. I actually wanted to use a different card. How is that possible ?

THanks,
LP
Different card as in another AmEx? I've got the Edge and Explorer and I can select from a drop down menu the card I'd like to use to pay for the balance.
Now in terms of using a MasterCard/VISA to pay that's a different story altogether, I'm fairly sure AmEx travel can only use AmEx cards :)

Different card as in another AmEx? I've got the Edge and Explorer and I can select from a drop down menu the card I'd like to use to pay for the balance.
Now in terms of using a MasterCard/VISA to pay that's a different story altogether, I'm fairly sure AmEx travel can only use AmEx cards :)

Yes. I have only the one card available for selection.
I wanted to use a visa, but that wasns't possible, and I had to book today as the voucher expiry was 1 April.

Yes. I have only the one card available for selection.
I wanted to use a visa, but that wasns't possible, and I had to book today as the voucher expiry was 1 April.
Yep, you're stuck with just the Explorer being available for use, unfortunately. Why did you want to use a Visa instead? You'll get better points earn and insurance protections with the Explorer, IMO.

Yep, you're stuck with just the Explorer being available for use, unfortunately. Why did you want to use a Visa instead? You'll get better points earn and insurance protections with the Explorer, IMO.
Wanted to use the Hilton Honors Macquarie visa to get closer to the 12k spend required for the free night certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back