Amex Stand Alone Car Rental Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

prozac

Premium Car Rental Protection appears to be something you can buy from Amex overseas at a flat rate if your card does not carry complimentary car rental or CDW insurance. For those of us who do not qualify for a Platinum Charge card or cannot justify the annual fee flat rate car rental insurance would be a great option ... if it is available to Aussie card holders. I cannot ascertain if it is available to cardholders domiciled here in Oz.

Has anyone experience with this product and if so is it available to Australian card holders? I have emailed Chubb without response so far.

Last edited:
Premium Car Rental Protection appears to be something you can buy from Amex overseas at a flat rate if your card does not carry complimentary car rental or CDW insurance. For those of us who do not qualify for a Platinum Charge card or cannot justify the annual fee flat rate car rental insurance would be a great option ... if it is available to Aussie card holders. I cannot ascertain if it is available to cardholders domiciled here in Oz.

Has anyone experience with this product and if so is it available to Australian card holders? I have emailed Chubb without response so far.
Got tired of waiting for Chubb to return email and called them. After a little confusion on their part they indicate they used to offer stand alone car rental cover but do not do so now.

Got tired of waiting for Chubb to return email and called them. After a little confusion on their part they indicate they used to offer stand alone car rental cover but do not do so now.
You initially referred to 'Premium' car rental, which I assumed to be for luxury vehicles, but above you have just referred to it as 'stand alone car rental cover', which I would use for the mini hatchback that I always rent. Could you please clarify for me?

You initially referred to 'Premium' car rental, which I assumed to be for luxury vehicles, but above you have just referred to it as 'stand alone car rental cover', which I would use for the mini hatchback that I always rent. Could you please clarify for me?
Premium is what they called the stand alone policy on the amex site which I copied and pasted. It does not identify the style of car, just the style of policy. I understand your confusion now you point it out.

Edit: If you are a US amex card holder you should be able to buy this insurance for between US$19-$25. Not available to Aussie card holders at this time.
Edit 2: @Franky, title of thread changed to better reflect topic.

Last edited:

I have a Qantas Platinum Amex credit card, which covers any excess clauses in car rental overseas. I am also separately holding a quote from Chub for travel insurance for an upcoming trip overseas.

I have a Qantas Platinum Amex credit card, which covers any excess clauses in car rental overseas. I am also separately holding a quote from Chub for travel insurance for an upcoming trip overseas.
If you were to ask Chubb for a separate quote for stand alone car rental excess they would not accommodate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back