Amex Rewards Maximiser - declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt

Looks like I will be declined the card, as I just got off the phone with my boss. The reason?

We are not listed in the White or Yellow Pages!!!!!

Hope this isnt correct, but they grilled my boss about this aspect!

I'll report back when I get more details.

I just (successfully) applied for a rewards maximiser. Somebody from Amex called me about this same issue.

The company I am employed by is a service company for a law firm. All the lawyers are directly employed by the firm, everybody else is employed by the service company. The service company isn't listed in the phone book.

I explained all that to her, and it was no problem.

What kind of business isn't listed in the yellow or white pages?

Dont know what kind of organisation would not be in the yellow pages....we certainly are not, as we do not sell to the general public. We work based on reputation and entering into proposals.

Imagine a large organisation going to the Yellow or White pages to lookup company details.

Regardless of what company or industry you are, you would expect a simple check with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) would give them a more reliable source of verifying company details.

vt said:
Imagine a large organisation going to the Yellow or White pages to lookup company details.

Doesn't really matter how people try to look up your details. Surely your business has a phone line? Seems like a pretty standard way of checking if your business actually exists.

Deeruck said:
Doesn't really matter how people try to look up your details. Surely your business has a phone line? Seems like a pretty standard way of checking if your business actually exists.

Phone number yes...Yellow/White pages listing...that is another issue.

My point is this...Yellow/White pages is not a reliable check to see if a business exist, a more reliable check is with ASIC.

If I list my phone number in the Yellow/White pages am I a real business then?

It's very simple to register an ABN etc with ASIC. And can be done at no cost.

It's rather more concrete to have a listed telephone number.

serfty said:

I guess I just have to accept thats how they do business.

vt said:
serfty said:

I guess I just have to accept thats how they do business.

Or perhaps explain to them that your company is a business that only does internal business and you can provide a letterhead etc, as for not having a listing, from my experience a listing often resulted in telemarketers calling and not much else!

Agree with ASIC re validating details, although ABR might be better as there are plenty of ABNs that are not registered for GST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back