Amex Referral GONE?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yucciaff

Hi,

I was looking at the amex website today and was ready to refer a friend of mine.... then i couldn't find the 'refer a friend' under membership rewards anymore...

I tried to use my previous link and it doesn't work either... Has anyone else experienced the same? Is amex referral gone for good? :(
I was going to apply for the platinum reserve card under the referral offer ... and now it is gone :(

Uh oh. It's been a great run, but given the option has been from the nav, either...
1) Amex are finally updating their clunky referrals online application service to better match their refreshed site and include new products (here's hoping) OR
2) Referrals are dead.

This has earned me many, many points, but all good things...

I was looking at another thread's link to an Amex webpage, ....and Amex's webpage vanished.

Screenshots are necessary. Maybe a thread should be dedicated to putting up screen shots.

Still working for me...send them over!

Just kidding and sadly the link is missing for me as well. :( Maybe they will introduce it bigger and better and without the bugs that stopped you from having the referral honoured. Wishful thinking I know.

Ah pooh, was looking at referring my partner.

At least I managed to get my gold charge while the 30k was available. A lot of new signups will now miss out on the bonus referral points.

Anyone have any updates re referral the refer a friend program? The link is still missing from the Amex rewards dropdown. :(

I had a response from Amex tonight regarding why the referral link was removed. Apparently it was because of security concerns. I have previously mentioned on AFF for people to be careful of people (on AFF) offering to provide a "link" and also of links provided by travel blog sites and card blog sites etc as they can leave your Amex page open and in a "login-ed" state to third parties.

Anyway I hope that Amex get the security sorted and develop a better referral system.

I had a response from Amex tonight regarding why the referral link was removed. Apparently it was because of security concerns. I have previously mentioned on AFF for people to be careful of people (on AFF) offering to provide a "link" and also of links provided by travel blog sites and card blog sites etc as they can leave your Amex page open and in a "login-ed" state to third parties.

Anyway I hope that Amex get the security sorted and develop a better referral system.

I suspect that they will be seeking to close the door to the "non-genuine" referrals. Whether they succeed or not is another question.

Anybody have any updates on the referrals???

It's still not there... maybe its not ever coming back!

Amex have gone from 'back in a month' to 'don't know' in my comms with them. So if they don't know... I guess we won't be seeing a replacement any time soon.

This saddens me greatly, trust me. I have done very well out of Amex referrals in the last couple of years (as have Amex, I'm sure) and will continue to ask them about it.

The link appears to still work. I didn't go all the way to actually doing the Facebook referral though.

The link appears to still work. I didn't go all the way to actually doing the Facebook referral though.

which link are you referring to Beta4Me???

edit; holy moly you are right! they've just moved it to under the Cards Menu + Personal Cards + View All Cards menu!

EUREKA!

Thanks for this, seems like Amex have resurrected the system then, but don't have it in the navigation - unless I am missing something?
This makes me wary about using it...

Thanks for this, seems like Amex have resurrected the system then, but don't have it in the navigation - unless I am missing something?
This makes me wary about using it...

Someone needs to do a referral to test it out.
Now all we need is someone willing to give it a go...nothing to loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back