AMEX Qantas Business Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid01

Hi all,

I came across this offer from AMEX for the Qantas Business Rewards Card 120k bonus Qantas Points - Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card

180k qantas points with zero first year fee, seems pretty good!

I have had a long standing ABN but have not earned income on it for some years now. It is still active and is registered for GST. I rang AMEX to see if they would consider me for the application despite the 75k "annual business revenue" requirement they list on their site and the fact that my ABN income has been zero. I advised them I was just starting my consultancy work back up on that ABN so am expecting that sort of income to come in over the coming year.

The AMEX operator said they only need a total income of 75k which includes both the business income on the ABN as well as the applicants personal regular income (salary etc). I told her I make at least 75k as is from regular salary, she said then I would meet the income requirement even though business income is zero currently.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and gone through the application process for this card? Or any other AMEX business card which has a similar income requirement? Just not sure if she was completely across it or not as all literature I read from AMEX says "must have annual business revenue of 75k or more."

Also, are there any other differences with a business card compared to a non-business card? Can I hit the minimum spend for the bonus points by just spending on regular everyday personal items (food, petrol, entertainment etc)? Or does it have to be specific "business" expenses only?

Any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated :)

So I ended up applying, Amex didn’t ask for any proof of personal or business income whatsoever. They just wanted a copy of my drivers license and a utility bill, and that was literally the only documentation I had to provide them with.

Approval a few days later, card should arrive any day now. They confirmed any spend counts towards the minimum (business or personal).

Pretty easy process for 180k points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back