AMEX Points & Skywards Program (Emirates Airlines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgy_a

Does anyone have any idea if one is able to transfer there points balance from AMEX credit card (or any other credit card other than Virgin) to the Skywards frequent flyer program which is run by Emirates Airlines.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Just a brief check of that seemed to only work for UK/CA/US CC programs. I couldnt see a link for Diners CLub AUS (and doing a quick check the Diners club option seemed to convert direct to AAdvantage - which would imply to me a US diners club system. Also the only AMex options seemed to be CA/US/UK

S

I may be wrong but I think Amex rewards points convert to SPG at a ratio 1000:330 and SPG points convert to Emirates Skywards ffp at 1:1 (bonus 5,000 Skywards ff points if converting 20,000 SPG points).

So for ~60,606 Amex rewards points you get 25,000 Skywards ff points.

Last edited:
JohnK said:
I may be wrong but I think Amex rewards points convert to SPG at a ratio 3:1 and SPG points convert to Emirates Skywards ffp at 1:1 (bonus 5,000 Skywards ff points if converting 20,000 SPG points).

So for ~60,000 Amex rewards points you get 25,000 Skywards ff points.
Amex MR points transfer to Starwood SPG at a rate of 330 SPG points for 1000 Amex MR points.

NM said:
Amex MR points transfer to Starwood SPG at a rate of 330 SPG points for 1000 Amex MR points.
So if you had 60K Amex points; this would convert to 19,800 SPG points which, if you already had at least 200 SPG points to make 20,000, would convert to 24,800 Skywards points otherwise 19,800.

If you actually had a total of 60,607+ Amex points you'd get 25,000+ Skywards points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back