AmEx Platinum Edge getting reworked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

I just received a survey from AmEx and seems like they will change the Edge card's benefits quite dramatically. There were quite a few different options that they were wanting input on, I've attached some photos.

I would personally be glad that they get rid of the travel credit and give us a "leading brand voucher". Also I prefer benefits to online shopping / streaming services instead of the smartphone screen insurance.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 11.38.40 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 11.42.14 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 11.43.51 am.png

I had the same. Was also given options such as spend more, spend less etc
Many options for me would mean cancelling card (which wasn't an option)
Having said that I'd still be spending with Amex as I would just switch the spending to my Charge if there is no advantage to Edge
I'd also say that many of the options were so much poorer value in comparison to each other that it would seem to be identifying the financially illiterate

Interesting - I had a survey this past week too, but about card acceptance rather than card products.

Interesting / since the massive MR point devaluation I barely use my AMEX and suspect many others are the same so good I guess they are at least trying to mix things up

Interesting / since the massive MR point devaluation I barely use my AMEX and suspect many others are the same so good I guess they are at least trying to mix things up
I agree, only supermarkets and petrol now, unless an Amex statement credit offer makes it worth my while otherwise. Used to put absolutely everything through Amex but not it's mostly a 1:$1 Qantas earning card.

You'd want to be careful, their definition of a leading brand may not match yours.

Like others I mainly use for supermarket/fuel spend though have been taking advantage of shop small also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back