Amex Platinum Approval time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

Just applied for amex plat online - they said 10 days approval time.

Would really like to get the card before 1st of Jan so I can use the concierge service. Have been offered plat 4-5 years ago but declined at the time.
Income/Credit check/Assets etc are all stellar.

What time does it actually take? Do people get instant approval?

When I applied, I got a phone call the following day and was approved over the phone on the spot. Good luck to you!

I applied on a Wednesday, got an SMS saying I'd been approved on Saturday.

I applied a month ago on a Sunday afternoon. When I clicked submit the response page said it was approved (ie: instant approval).

I received an SMS about 10 minutes later confirming the approval and the card and benefits book turned up a week later. Couldn't have been easier.

Two days for mine from faxed application (mine is an AMA card) to text message of approval. Card package arrived exactly a week later.

Just apply and get approved? No employment or income checks?

Nothing of the sort for me, but I've had another card for a number of years now so maybe that had an impact.

I've also put >$5k of charges on it too. I had half expected a decline as I've heard stories of low spending ability in the first few months but it all went through.

Some say that Amex have a really stringent credit check process but I didn't really find it this way. All my apps were approved instantly upon hitting the submit button, which I can't say happened with some of the other banks (Citi actually wanted documents).

But on the flipside, Amex are like clockwork with regular 'maintenance' credit checks. I see a soft enquiry on my credit file from Amex on a regular basis and the only other bank that does this to me is HSBC.

Got approved the next day. Pretty quick. I don't think they instant approve the charge card?

Hopefully the card will come before New years. Having a lot of difficulty getting restaurant reservations without a good concierge.

Similar here. Applied on-line this week. Veda alert received. Received an approval phone call 24 hours later, followed by SMS. Card due within seven business days.

They do insta approve the Plat charge card. The confirmation (I save all these just in case) checking, looks a bit weird because it says:

THANK YOU
Thank you for choosing to apply online for the American Express Platinum Charge Card. Your
application will take approximately 10 working days to process and on completion you will be
contacted by post.

If you are approved for your new Card you will receive a full set of Terms and Conditions.

We are pleased to advise that your application has been approved.

So its like as if they go 'if approved', but then the next line it says 'you've been approved'. Quite weird I'd say...

They do insta approve the Plat charge card. The confirmation (I save all these just in case) checking, looks a bit weird because it says:

There definitely is instant approval - but yes, the confirmation is a bit weird. I had the same:

amexplat.jpg

The SMS that came less than 10 minutes later also confirmed it:

American Express said:
Congratulations your American Express Card has been approved and will be delivered within 7 business days. Thank you for your new Card Membership.

I've been giving mine a good workout over Christmas :)

I applied for the velocity platinum card, and got instant approval, card arrived 7 days later!

Applied last night and was approved just this afternoon. Upgrading from my Green Amex, as I was after more travel benefits.

Gosh, not so long ago we were all,canceling our AMEX Plat cards due to massive "enhancements" to the travel related benefits.

Gosh, not so long ago we were all,canceling our AMEX Plat cards due to massive "enhancements" to the travel related benefits.

I've seen on the forum the dilution of value as it was before, but from what I've seen, I'm okay with what's on offer so far.

I can even get my AFR subscription free now which I was paying before. Free upgrade for Accor saves me the maintenance of keeping up with the status and I'd like to use the lounges that my Platinum Edge (which I can now make as a companion card) didn't offer me.

Can anyone confirm that the travel credit can be used for seat upgrades?

How did you get this, I don't believe it's a published benefit?!

So far, I've tested a link from my friends corporate Platinum with my Platinum Edge, accepted and processing, I believe it will work the same with Platinum Charge.

I had a google around today - looks like AFR subscription only available with the corporate platinum charge card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back