Amex Optio

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are heading to the US later this month so I will watch out to see if this card gets launched.

Before everyone gets overstimulated here.... I'll be the glass half full guy

Consider that the Amex Plat is already $1400ish (nearly three times the USA before the conversion), this imaginary card would be priced even higher (the "prediction" is $1500 for US version).

Is there a market in Oz for a 3rd premium Amex?

The article is almost all total speculation, although "Dr Credit" is apparently known for his info.

I'm not holding my breath on this one at all.

One would be invited to apply for this card. After knocking back Centurion on three occasions I could be interested to apply if balance between cost and perks was better value for me

Before releasing a new card, it would be nice for AMEX to do a evaluation of the benefits of their current credit card line up (ones that are not the Platinum Charge card).

US has also just doubled the price of Centurion annual to US$10k, so I guess there is a big gap to the Platinum.

It would have to be easily double the annual fee. In fact I dare say it would be more, and they would follow the US by upping the Centurion annual fee.

Hard to see how it would be invite only in this market.

It might be just a new name of existing Centurion, and the true upgrade will be for the existing Centurion.

I couldn't work out if this was talking about a credit card companion to a charge card, or a mid-tier level between the Plat Charge and the Centurion (charge). The article seems light of detail and that's predictable. As I have a free Plat Reserve, if this was a credit card for more points that the charge that you had to pay for then I could be interested. I could also be interested if this was a charge card in its own right that increased points earning about the Plat Charge but left out many of the benefits of the Centurion. We'll see what happens.

Looks like there's enough buzz about it online and the Centurion AF increase would suggest they've created a gap for a new card between Centurion and Platinum to fill - assuming Platinum will have to give up some of its benefits over time. Outside of points earn and 'prestige' value, not sure what else they could give in benefits with Optio - guess we'll find out soon.

Not sure it will be released in Australia at the same time as the US in any event.

Looks like there's enough buzz about it online and the Centurion AF increase would suggest they've created a gap for a new card between Centurion and Platinum to fill - assuming Platinum will have to give up some of its benefits over time. Outside of points earn and 'prestige' value, not sure what else they could give in benefits with Optio - guess we'll find out soon.

Not sure it will be released in Australia at the same time as the US in any event.
Hope they don't downgrade the platinum even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back