AMEX Membership Rewards Not Tracking Correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmarine

Seems to have happened recently and not sure if it's just a back end system glitch, or if it's a more permanent change but i wasn't notified in the mail that i would not be getting the platinum edge points bonuses anymore (3x for supermarkets, 2x for fuel and 1x for others etc)

since the 28th of January, my supermarket purchases and fuel purchases have been 1:1, anyone else noticed this and has it affected other cards such as platinum charge or reserve etc?

I have just checked my account, and I have the same issue. Only 1pt/$ since the 28th.

oh dear, me too, 1 ppd since 28th.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Mine are posting at 3ppd.
Have any of you had any credits to your account? When you get a credit or a refund to your account Amex does not remove the point earned, but reduces your points awarded down to 1ppd until such time as your points balance again. I had this happen earlier in the month and this was the explanation given.

I'm on the phone to them now. "there's been no change in earn rate, let me look into that for you. and possibly you have reached your limit?"

Is there a limit? I cannot see one quickly in the T and Cs: ah, ok "the limit is no more, let me see what I can do to get those points back for you"

So it seems a glitch. Keep fingers crossed

Mine are posting at 3ppd.
Have any of you had any credits to your account? When you get a credit or a refund to your account Amex does not remove the point earned, but reduces your points awarded down to 1ppd until such time as your points balance again. I had this happen earlier in the month and this was the explanation given.

The only credit to my account was the whopping big statement balance I just paid a couple of days ago :(

It is also happening to me since the 28th. I believe there is no limit!

correct, no limit
I wonder if the best course of action is to bombard them with calls or just wait for nature to take its course?

I have found that their online contact form is actually quite decent at yielding results.

I have found that their online contact form is actually quite decent at yielding results.

i sent them a mail through my online account mailbox with the affected transactions. They responded and said they were aware of the issue and had manually credited the missing points less than 2 hours after i sent the mail - not bad!

IIRC this happened a couple of years ago and it was corrected..

Likewise I find that email from my account is the easiest way to deal with these sorts of queries. Usually answers are quick and efficient.

I'm really glad I saw this thread, as all of my points for January seem to have been at 1:1, both grocery and fuel.

Thank goodness I checked this thread. Found out that my points were not posting correctly the last 3 days for my Supermarket and Petrol spending. Emailed Amex to have this rectified.

Didn't notice this thread until after I'd called American Express. I've been told my transactions will be corrected in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back