AMEX Green Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrG

I have been looking to apply for one of the Amex charge cards and figured the green is the easiest to get based on its listed criteria.

Reason I am looking to go with AMEX is for its reward program, and because their charge-cards are the only ones I know that can be transferred overseas if you move. Not too bad seeing as I am looking at moving to the US in the next 2-3 years.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has had recent experience going through their applications since the NCCP lending changes that credit providers had to go through in the last 12 months or so.

I am 23, turning 24 at the end of the year which is when I am likely to apply.
Working with my current employer full time for 3 years, currently on approx $54,000 per year.
Currently have 3 cards active, but I have applied to lower their credit limits from a total of $12,800 to $8000. These cards are the 28 Degrees Mastercard for when I travel overseas, which is over 6-12 months.. The GE creditline, my oldest active card (limit decreased to its minimum, only open due to being my oldest card) and the new GEM visa (boy I love GE.. *rolls eyes*) but this was more-or-less to replace my Creditline account since it's more practical. Only really use the card to pay for stuff that costs $250+ since I don't put alot on my debit card, and I never carry a balance.

I noticed their charge-card application asks for ALOT less information than their credit cards and I can't figure out why. I have no credit defaults, no late payments. The only recent things on my credit file is the enquiry for my GEM visa application and an enquiry for an AMEX card that I placed a few months after, but that was bad judgement on my part.. I didn't declaring all my income and the application was too close to that of the GEM card. I was declined because I "did not match our minimum score" based on "the details that you provided in your application form, combined with the data we obtained from the Credit Reporitng Agency". Pretty sure those are the things that effected it.

Would it likely go down well if I was to apply in a few months (Dec/Jan) assuming their internal scoring requirements and my financial position don't change?

I have been looking to apply for one of the Amex charge cards and figured the green is the easiest to get based on its listed criteria.

Reason I am looking to go with AMEX is for its reward program, and because their charge-cards are the only ones I know that can be transferred overseas if you move. Not too bad seeing as I am looking at moving to the US in the next 2-3 years.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has had recent experience going through their applications since the NCCP lending changes that credit providers had to go through in the last 12 months or so.

I am 23, turning 24 at the end of the year which is when I am likely to apply.
Working with my current employer full time for 3 years, currently on approx $54,000 per year.
Currently have 3 cards active, but I have applied to lower their credit limits from a total of $12,800 to $8000. These cards are the 28 Degrees Mastercard for when I travel overseas, which is over 6-12 months.. The GE creditline, my oldest active card (limit decreased to its minimum, only open due to being my oldest card) and the new GEM visa (boy I love GE.. *rolls eyes*) but this was more-or-less to replace my Creditline account since it's more practical. Only really use the card to pay for stuff that costs $250+ since I don't put alot on my debit card, and I never carry a balance.

I noticed their charge-card application asks for ALOT less information than their credit cards and I can't figure out why. I have no credit defaults, no late payments. The only recent things on my credit file is the enquiry for my GEM visa application and an enquiry for an AMEX card that I placed a few months after, but that was bad judgement on my part.. I didn't declaring all my income and the application was too close to that of the GEM card. I was declined because I "did not match our minimum score" based on "the details that you provided in your application form, combined with the data we obtained from the Credit Reporitng Agency". Pretty sure those are the things that effected it.

Would it likely go down well if I was to apply in a few months (Dec/Jan) assuming their internal scoring requirements and my financial position don't change?

Mostly you will get declined again, AMEX uses different criteria for assessing the application. I suggest you to wait at least 1 year.

Mostly you will get declined again, AMEX uses different criteria for assessing the application. I suggest you to wait at least 1 year.

I was told once by Amex that they delete the declined applications after three months... maybe call them to find out

I was told once by Amex that they delete the declined applications after three months... maybe call them to find out

When I had originally applied I was told to try again in 3 months time, I figured this was so there weren't be the recent enquiries which may impact it. I did call them at the time to clarify the income issue and they said they would be happy to update it but it wouldn't effect the outcome at that time due to what was pulled off the credit report. The only things on there (Yes i checked) were my credit enquiries, and there was my GEM application which was fairly recent at that time.

What do you mean by 'different criteria', and why 1 year? Not much information to take away from that.

My understanding was that AMEX credit database reaches back 7 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back