AmEx cards issued by banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossein_au

Established Member
Hi there,
I wonder if someone(s) can help me identify the issuing bank(s) for some AmEx cards. There are three AmEx cards starting with 377749xx_x that show up in my credit report as 'open', but I know I have closed ALL my AmEx cards years/months ago (the last lot were closed late last year). How do I know which bank has issued them so that I can contact them and get a confirmation letter they are indeed closed?

377749xx_xx_ looks like ANZ Frequent Flyer, based on google results.

Thanks you.

I'll give them a call (although I do not recall ever having three separate AmEx cards by ANZ).
I did......when annual fees where free.....swapping between the frequent flyers and rewards cards every 12-18 months. Maybe you did the same. Although mine always updated to closed.

Just called ANZ; they advised 377749xx_xx are not their cards :-(

Edit: But a search shows 377749 is indeed IIN/BIN assigned to ANZ for AmEx cards! Don't know where to go from here :-(

Last edited:
I did......when annual fees where free.....swapping between the frequent flyers and rewards cards every 12-18 months. Maybe you did the same. Although mine always updated to closed.

No, I only ever had one ANZ FF and AmEx combo cards, which I cancelled a while back. Not sure why I have three AmEx (377749xx_x) cards reported 'open' on my credit report. I contacted Equifax to have this fixed, but have not heard ANYTHING back :-(

If I recall correctly, ANZ ceased issuing AMEX branded cards in August 2017 (about the same time as many other Australian banks did the same).

And for what is it worth, my ANZ issued AMEX card was numbered 377767xx_x.

I didn't know the Amex cards appeared separately from the Visa/MC on the credit report. My Westpac one never did.

If I recall correctly, ANZ ceased issuing AMEX branded cards in August 2017 (about the same time as many other Australian banks did the same).

And for what is it worth, my ANZ issued AMEX card was numbered 377767xx_x.

Yes, I had the cards years ago, an closed the account years ago. But it still shown in my credit report as open!

any idea which bank issued 377749xx_x cards?
Post automatically merged:

I didn't know the Amex cards appeared separately from the Visa/MC on the credit report. My Westpac one never did.

They are reported totally independently on my credit report; no indication whatsoever any of the AmEx cards were ‘companion’ card.

With my ANZ cards, both were on the same account with usage showing on the one account statement. That might have also been the case with Westpac?

With my ANZ cards, both were on the same account with usage showing on the one account statement. That might have also been the case with Westpac?

As far as I remember, they all (used to) have the same account/statement. I was referring to my Equifax credit report which shows them as totally separate entries (no indication whatsoever they are/were a combo set of cards.

As far as I remember, they all (used to) have the same account/statement. I was referring to my Equifax credit report which shows them as totally separate entries (no indication whatsoever they are/were a combo set of cards.

Does it actually say who issued the cards?
The combo accounts were a single account, so should only have one entry.
Did you have any directly issue Amex cards?

Does it actually say who issued the cards?

No, no indication of who the issuer was. It just says American Express 377749xx_XX

The combo accounts were a single account, so should only have one entry.

I have had a few combo accounts from different banks, but no indication of any link between any of the cards I have ever held.

Did you have any directly issue Amex cards?

Sure have. They said 377749xx_X is not one of their numbers, and there is no record of any such card(s) in the profile they have on me.

Somewhat off topic, but 2 cards on the same account would not mean an increase in credit limit; so perhaps that is why the second AMEX card does not appear on a credit score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back