Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Amex Business Platinum no longer offering comp Australian Financial Review subscription?

JimmyJames

Just received an email from the AFR saying "the subscription offering is no longer valid"? Don't think I have heard anything from Amex about this although that doesn't surprise me. There is another $600+ of benefit down the drain for the high annual fee they charge.
Throw this into them reducing limits due to "COVID" and my taste for AMEX is souring.
Is this card still worth it?

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I recently had my Amex annual fee posted to my account and I have not received any such communication. When was your card anniversary date , if I may ask ?

JimmyJames

October is the month I first took out the card. See below from the email

Your complimentary
subscription is coming to an end.​
We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary digital subscription to The Australian Financial Review as an American Express Card Member. This subscription offering is no longer valid and your complimentary access will end on October 30, 2020.

JimmyJames

I also checked the Amex website and can't see them offering/noting the AFR subscription as part of the business platinum anymore either.

Wayne Herring

Intern
I also checked the Amex website and can't see them offering/noting the AFR subscription as part of the business platinum anymore either.

It's still on the website, towards the bottom of the page under the Business Tools heading.

albyd

Established Member
Solutions
Hope the personal Charge isn’t next to get the snip. This is a worthwhile benefit worth like $700pa I think.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

M@rcoPolo

I received the same email from AFR with subscription ending 31/10 (Platinum Charge)
Card is due for renewal in November, will definitely that it up with AMEX

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron8