AMEX business card - bonus points eligibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPMaverick

Hello-

I own a business and am in the market for a business card. My business is a PTY LTD and so quite separate from my personal finances.

I have a question about the AMEX business cards which offer a sign-up bonus. They say they are for new cardholders only. I hold a Velocity AMEX for personal use, but my business has never held an AMEX card.

Will I be eligible for the bonus points or not?

Cheers

Unfortunately you're not eligible.
Up until a few months ago, as long as you didn't hold a business amex card, you would have been eligible to the sign on offer. This would have included your current Velocity Amex card.
But Amex have changed the rules at some point earlier in the year, and you definitely will not be eligible for the sign on offer.
I've discussed this at length with a Amex representative on the phone a few days ago as I was trying to push for the sign up offer to be awarded for a friends account since she was applying for a new business card, but after checking with the team leader, the answer was still a firm 'no'.

Thanks for the reply. That's a shame, but seems to follow the wording in T&C.

I don't really understand their perspective as I don't want multiple business cards, I will instead probably go for a Visa/MC which will make my life easier in use anyway.... a second personal card is superfluous but a current customer adding a business card would be extra charges for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back