AMEX $50 Credit on your Card Reward Gone! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AMEX $50 Credit on your Card Reward Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesg

Newbie
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
2
I did a normal lookup today, to discover the $50 Points for Credit, which used to be 7500 points, has been removed. The $100, 15000 point award still exists, but the $50 appears to have been taken off.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,733
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
jamesg said:
I did a normal lookup today, to discover the $50 Points for Credit, which used to be 7500 points, has been removed. The $100, 15000 point award still exists, but the $50 appears to have been taken off.
I'm not sure that .667 cents per point is a good deal either way. :(

I value my points a lot more than that.
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
straitman said:
I'm not sure that .667 cents per point is a good deal either way. :(

I value my points a lot more than that.
I value my points more than that as well, but you have to admit it's still better value than the $45,000 toaster!

:roll:
 

little_moody_angel

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
27
That's true but the rewards program is mainly for those who can't take up flights or don't want to. Although u may get an award flight, u still need spending money plus the lost income.

But I agree!!... wouldn't use my 7500 points for $50, it wouldn't make sense to me but it would to others.

the moddy angel
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
little_moody_angel said:
the moddy angel
As usual I take everything off topic. :oops:

Is the "moddy angel" the same as the "moody angel"? :D
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,522
Flights
My Map
straitman said:
jamesg said:
I did a normal lookup today, to discover the $50 Points for Credit, which used to be 7500 points, has been removed. The $100, 15000 point award still exists, but the $50 appears to have been taken off.
I'm not sure that .667 cents per point is a good deal either way. :(

I value my points a lot more than that.

I wonder if it got pulled due to being an unpopular option? Given that the $50 vouchers are still around (for less points), it is hardly an unprofitable option for Amex to have.
 

little_moody_angel

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
27
JohnK said:
little_moody_angel said:
the moddy angel
As usual I take everything off topic. :oops:

Is the "moddy angel" the same as the "moody angel"? :D
Hey John K... thanx for letting me know... meant the moody angel.. was in a hurry!!

Cya later guys

the moody angel
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,733
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
little_moody_angel said:
JohnK said:
little_moody_angel said:
the moddy angel
As usual I take everything off topic. :oops:

Is the "moddy angel" the same as the "moody angel"? :D
Hey John K... thanx for letting me know... meant the moody angel.. was in a hurry!!

Cya later guys

the moody angel
I thought that off topic was on topic in this forum :!: :oops: :oops:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
straitman said:
I thought that off topic was on topic in this forum :!: :oops: :oops:
OK the let me take it off topic again! :? :oops:

Iagree that 7500 points for $50 credit/voucher is not a very good deal.

I prefer to convert Amex points to qff points.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,733
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
straitman said:
I thought that off topic was on topic in this forum :!: :oops: :oops:
OK the let me take it off topic again! :? :oops:

Iagree that 7500 points for $50 credit/voucher is not a very good deal.

I prefer to convert Amex points to qff points.
Absolutely. :D :D

Certainly seems to be the best value if used wisely. :D :D
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
straitman said:
Absolutely. :D :D

Certainly seems to be the best value if used wisely. :D :D
The way I understand it is it that you need to use them for business/first class trips or upgrades to business/first to get maximum benefit.

If you were to blow 8,000 points on SYD-MEL one way trip this would require ~$50 in taxes/charges giving a net value of ~$50 for 8,000 points. Even worse burn rate than the 7,500 for $50 offer. :roll:
 
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,280
Messages
2,078,162
Members
53,680
Latest member
nathanbckdrf
Top