American Express - Premium card promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz

Hi
Just wondering if anybody that applied for the Qantas American Express Premium or Express cards during the promo period that ended 31st May has got their 10,000 bonus points upon approval yet.
I've received my 5,000 points (I've got the Premium card) since making my 1st purchase but I am still waiting on the 10,000 points which were supposed to be upon approval. I did contact someone at Qantas only to be told to ring Amex (as their allocating the bonus points)
When I spoke to a person at Amex and I was told the points would be allocated 8 weeks after the card activation,.
So far it's been 10 weeks since I activated the card & made a purchase.

Could anybody that took up the Qantas Amex promo offer advise how long it took for you to get the 10,000 bonus points. I'm now getting worried that I may not get the bonus points.

I may have to write Amex a letter bringing to their attention that I still have not received my bonus points. Writing to them in Sydney is alot easier than trying to speak to their offshore call centre.

Look forward to replies.
Thanks
Kaz

Kaz, I applied for the card and had the 17500 points credited to my account within 10 days of the purchases.

I would give AMEX another call and see where it is up to.

D P G

DPG said:
Kaz, I applied for the card and had the 17500 points credited to my account within 10 days of the purchases.
DPG,

I assume you have spent with Qantas on the card and have received the 2,500 points for doing so. Just wondering, have you also received your two Qantas Club invitations and, if so, what is their expiry date and do they have your name printed on them? Thanks.

mick said:
I assume you have spent with Qantas on the card and have received the 2,500 points for doing so. Just wondering, have you also received your two Qantas Club invitations and, if so, what is their expiry date and do they have your name printed on them? Thanks.

I am not 100% sure of the expiry date of them, I think it was October 2007. They do not have any name on. I gave mine to my dad as they were little use to me.

D P G

Hi...I actually applied a couple of days after the promo ended..but with a bit of fast talking they still let my wife and I apply for a card each.

I was off to Thailand for 3 weeks..so the card arrived after I had left and so I could not activate it till 8 July on my return.

My first billing staement due early August had no points at all...but the the next statement due early Sept shows 10,000 plus the 5000 plus the points for actual spending.

My wife activated her card after mine deliberately as we want to hold off to spread out some purchase (and hence repayment)...so she has not yet received any statements.

Last edited:
When you get the points all depends on cycle cuts and when you apply/receive the card/spend. Annoyingly they have a different cycle cut for the spend and for points.

DPG said:
I am not 100% sure of the expiry date of them, I think it was October 2007. They do not have any name on. I gave mine to my dad as they were little use to me.
Thanks very much for the info. I cease to be AA Plat on 1 March 2007 and so the invitations will be useful to me to gain access to the QP. I'm hoping my PS status will be renewed (as it has in the past ten years) despite probably falling short of the 300 status credits required by the end of March 2007 - and so I need all the QP invitations I can get my hands on! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back