Altitude card points | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Altitude card points

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonnut

Hi, I am considering an Altitude Mastercard/Amex as the points can be transferred to QFF points. Does anyone know if the value of the points transferred is 1:1 or are they reduced?

Simon

N860CR

AFF Supporter
2 Altitude points = 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point. So basically the MC earns 0.5points per dollar and the AMEX 1 point per dollar.

The Citibank Visa is the best of the 1 for 1 Visa/Mastercard options.

straitman

Flights
My Map
danielribo said:
2 Altitude points = 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point. So basically the MC earns 0.5points per dollar and the AMEX 1 point per dollar.

The Citibank Visa is the best of the 1 for 1 Visa/Mastercard options.
....or one or two others such as the CBA Platinum Visa/Mastercard etc.

danhan

danielribo said:
If I recall correctly, Altitude Platinum gives you a earn rate of 1.5 QFF points per dollar (for the AMEX).

Daniel

serfty

Flights
My Map
G;day simonnut, welcome to AFF.

As you can see cards can vary and this difference between Westpac Altitiude M/C and Amex may be very important.

Do you research here: Westpac: Platinum

I'm sure you'll work out the best option for yourself. ;)

maxpress

simonnut said:
Hi, I am considering an Altitude Mastercard/Amex as the points can be transferred to QFF points. Does anyone know if the value of the points transferred is 1:1 or are they reduced?

Simon
They reduce by 50% when booking an airline-I have taken up Commonwealth Bank's Mastercard PLATINUM at $200 a year as their points are 1 to 1 for Qantas. However,AMEX also have a good system for reward points but check- their Gold Card gives 1.5 points.

serfty

Flights
My Map
Amex have a few products; their Rewards maximizer gives 1.5 MR point per $ which can be transferred to Qantas at 1:1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezby007