Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Alaska airlines mileage plan

Ok straight from the horse’s mouth....well Chris at Alaska. All bookings including award bookings made up to and including 31DEC20 will incure no fees for changes/cancellation. The rules will change after then but the agent was not sure whether it would go back to what it was or remain the same.

Perhaps time to use those spare AS miles.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
I seem to recall that a while ago I read in a US blog probably that AS were abolishing change and cancellation fees For award flights. For the life of me I now can’t find and references to this.

Does anybody know for sure what the current policy is for changes/cancellations?
Using miles FAQ | Alaska Airlines ... under the heading 'fees associated with award ticket' There's a USD125 charge for all changes or cancellations after 24 hours of booking.

Covid may have special arrangements for a limited time.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JackMiles

Intern
There's a bit of confusion around, even amongst Alaska Air reps, since, at the moment (up til 31 Dec) there are no change fees - including for award bookings - under a WAIVER. After 31 Dec, there will still be no change fees, but then it will be so under the new permanent policy. (So, yeah, the waiver ends, which makes it seem like fees will apply again, but for the new policy kicking in to eliminate them once again.)
I say this having made and changed several Milage Plan bookings, on QF, this year and spoken to Alaska reps about the policies etc.
Now, as for cancellation fees, I am not quite as confident. But I figure if you can change date and destination for no fee, you could just keep making changes until you eventually got a flight you could take.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodo