Alaska airlines mileage plan | Page 16 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Alaska airlines mileage plan

nightelves

How's this for a backtrack?

This was using the multi-city function to search for JFK-HKG, stop, then HKG-PER. That's extraordinary value.
Swear don't know how you find these Danger but it's been snapped up.

PatMcrotch

I've got a flight coming up in August with JAL TYO-SGN that was part of a stopover in Tokyo booking last year.
They want $125USD/person to change online, has anyone got around this by calling them up?

I thought they would at least relax the change booking fee with Covid19.

Mattg

Flights
My Map
I've got a flight coming up in August with JAL TYO-SGN that was part of a stopover in Tokyo booking last year.
They want $125USD/person to change online, has anyone got around this by calling them up?

Does Alaska Airlines have a waiver in place that covers your route/dates? If not, I guess your best option would be to wait and see if JAL cancels the flight. I don't believe they are currently operating any flights to Ho Chi Minh City, but may not have cancelled yet for August.

Lisa10

I called up yesterday and cancelled a CX flight from Europe to Melbourne for October. It had not been cancelled by CX yet. They cancelled it free of charge. Perhaps call back.

nightelves

Does Alaska Airlines have a waiver in place that covers your route/dates? If not, I guess your best option would be to wait and see if JAL cancels the flight. I don't believe they are currently operating any flights to Ho Chi Minh City, but may not have cancelled yet for August.
It’s a shame JAL doesn’t allow free stopover anymore on a one way flight.

JackMiles

Intern
Sounds like you should call. I changed QFd flights booked with Alasaka miles (changed dates and destination), with no charge - this was done on the phone. Pretty sure the website says no charge for flights up til 31 Dec this year.
Side note; with the VIC situation, good chance I'll have to change these flights again :(

PatMcrotch

Not sure about the waiver.

Looks like they are still doing TYO-SGN every few days.

Might try calling and see if I can change it until next year.

Attachments

JackMiles

Intern
I missed the announcement that Alaska was to join Oneworld, perhaps in 2021, but now read that could happen sooner, maybe later this year.
Guessing will be a mixed bag of good and bad effects, in terms of booking award flights. Presumably more flights, destinations and airlines to choose from, probably at higher redemption rates.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
I missed the announcement that Alaska was to join Oneworld, perhaps in 2021, but now read that could happen sooner, maybe later this year.
Guessing will be a mixed bag of good and bad effects, in terms of booking award flights. Presumably more flights, destinations and airlines to choose from, probably at higher redemption rates.
Some rates are higher, others lower. But AA's program opens up a lot more options.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Just to add a note to the coverage in the AFF gazette today. Free stopovers are no longer permitted on intra-Asia awards.

PatMcrotch

Update:
The flight ended up getting cancelled a few days ago as @Mattg predicted.
So finally just called up Alaska and the furthest out I could re-book was 1 year from the original booking date which was Nov 19, so; I re-booked for Nov this year.Also they refunded me $10 (not sure what that was for?).

The only other option was to get a refund of $60 (because it was a stopover award booking). Considering the cost of 2 pax TYO-SGN in JAL Business class, I just re-booked even though we probably won't be able to use it due to COVID.

Service from the Alaska phone staff was exceptional.

Also heads up if you want to call Alaska Airlines from Skype(phone numbers listed on this thread are wrong) the correct number is : select USA as the country or +1 : 206-244-0751, then they will transfer you to relevant department.

EDIT: To clarify this was part of a SIN-TYO-SGN award flight where the stopover was in TYO, have already completed SIN-TYO in 2019(booked nov 2019).

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsumdaya