Airbus Suspends A380 Freighter Development

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by NM, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    from news.com.au.

UPS was the remaining buyer after EK and Fed Ex cancelled their orders. Last report I saw was that UPS were reviewing their situation. Looks like UPS may have made their decision and informed Airbus.

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    NM, yes the last I saw on this story was:
    The US courier company UPS has threatened to cancel its order for ten Airbus A380s if there are any more delays...​
    Perhaps it has happened (the cancellation of the order) or at very least, it is now uneconomical for Airbus to produce the limited number of remaining orders so best to shut it down now rather than dragging further red ink through Airbus's books.

Plus I suppose this story didn't help either:
    United Parcel Service Inc. said it ordered 27 Boeing 767-300ER freighter aircraft, worth about $3.8 billion at list prices...

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    NM, found the story to confirm your initial post:

United Parcel Service Inc., the last remaining customer for the troubled Airbus SAS A380 freighter, said it will scrap its $2.8 billion order for 10 of the superjumbo jets later this year...

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And from Australian Aviation Magazine: